Job Title: Cloud Network Engineer
Potential Temp to Hire
US Citizen or Greencard Holder
Are you a problem solver? Does the prospect of solving the world's toughest problems with data and analytics in the cloud excite you? Would you like to work side-by-side with the brightest analytical and engineering minds in the industry to help organizations innovate and solve their big data needs with cloud based solutions? If yes, you belong here at Teradata IntelliCloud.
Teradata is an enterprise software company that provides cutting-edge Big Data analytics and discovery technology helping Fortune 1000 organizations be efficient and innovative by uncovering new opportunities to grow revenues and cut costs. From large financial services organizations to global communication services providers to healthcare providers to auto manufacturers to online gaming, the largest organizations globally are using our Big Data analytics and discovery technology to make sense of petabyte scale multi-structured data to better understand customer behaviors, anticipate customer needs and develop better products and solutions.
We're seeking a Cloud Network Engineer experienced in implementation and support of a large scale Hybrid Cloud environment. This hands-on position will provide technical expertise regarding such things as SDN, NFV, Network automation, LAN / WAN, VPN, and Load-balancing technologies within a Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure. Strong preference towards someone with full stack experience that has worked in a DevOps environment.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Understand and participate in DevOps culture and practices
• Deploy and Support new and existing hardware in support of current customers and future growth.
• Automation is in your DNA.
• Participate in varied projects and assist in resolving issues.
• Provide level of escalation in response to incidents/requests regarding network performance and configuration, including off hours escalations.
• Maintain network documentation, run-books, diagrams, and network assets in the configuration management database.
• Develop and continually improve guidelines and procedures related to Network management including process and efficiency improvements.
• Monitor and tune network infrastructure to identify and eliminate issues and potential bottlenecks.
• Prepare and review periodic reports related to performance and capacity.
• Experience with Software Defined Networking (SDN) and/or network configuration automation (Scripting with Pearl/Python/Bash or DevOps tools like Chef/Puppet/Asible) highly preferred.
• Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP, VLAN/VXLAN, VRF, QoS, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP as well as MPLS connectivity/architecture.
• Working knowledge of network monitoring and performance tools such as Solarwinds Orion and Wireshark.
• Practical experience related to LAN, WAN, VPN, and P2P, preferably in a Hybrid Cloud environment.
• Broad technical knowledge of Cisco networking technologies and platforms to include Nexus 9/7/5/2k, ASR 1k and 9k, vPC, OTV, and VDC configuration.
• Strong understanding of IT production environments, operational strategies and mission critical systems to include IT internal controls and regulatory compliance.
• 5+ years of extensive hands on networking and troubleshooting experience in large, distributed product / SaaS environments.
• 2+ years with LTM, GTM, ASM, and WAF (F5 and Palo Alto preferred).
• Experience with Linux
• Experience with Public Cloud (AWS, Azure)
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strategic thinker, ability to see big picture and develop roadmaps
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Results oriented team player who will work towards meeting team commitments and ability to work within a cross-functional team.
• A passion for improving processes and a commitment to customer satisfaction.
• Good organizational and time management skills to work on multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
• Ability to work in collaboration with product development engineering teams
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
• Knowledge of Teradata platform.
• Knowledge of Agile methodologies.
Preferred Educational Level/Certifications/Citizenship
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering/Science or equivalent degree and/or work experience.
-US Citizen or Greencard Holder