Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
The Sr. IT Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned projects and programs and provides a single point of contact for those projects.
This project will consist of the evaluation and implementation of an updated solution for the Hawk-i insurance program.
The Sr. IT Project Manager Takes projects from original concept through final implementation. Defines project scope and objectives. Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports. Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis. Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables. Manages the integration of vendor tasks and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables. Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team. Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems. Incumbent might also be company's expert on specific technologies.
This position is responsible for managing several projects ranging up to $60M in size aimed at replacing legacy systems and integrating with other complex systems. Responsibilities include initiation, planning, execution, monitor/control, and close-out of programs, customer interface, customer review meetings, proposal development, and subcontract management.
Ability to manage multiple swim lanes across IT and Business to align the delivery of a complex IT systems with business processes and federal compliance requirements.
The PM will be part of a PMO team responsible for all aspects of IT project governance, assessment, management and control. The ability to gather and define requirements; build a project plan; identifying resource needs; and transparent, clear communications across all levels of stakeholders.
The PM will need to be sure the project stays on track with the timeline, deliverables and within the defined budget.
Position Responsibilities and Essential Functions
• Ability to work effectively under very broad direction with general supervision
• Ability to motivate team and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
• Excellent organizational, presentation, interpersonal and team building skills
• Excellent time management and project planning/strategizing skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong leadership and excellent customer service skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated experience with managing client expectations, implementing service improvement initiatives
• Provide end-to-end project management for complex IT projects and/or programs which include requirements gathering, analysis, design, planning, development, implementation and testing of technology solutions to ensure project requirements have been met and to ensure conformance to federal required or agency development standards and methodology.
• Work with business sponsors and partners in designing, defining, planning and implementing technology solutions to meet business needs and specifications.
• Ensure organizational needs for the development and implementation of technology solutions are documented, and apply experiences with existing software development processes to develop better processes for future use
• Coach and mentor PMO and project team staff.
• Track project progress, monitor and modify project schedules and provide status updates to project team. Escalate issues to management and/or appropriate leadership as appropriate.
• Provide insight and knowledge into improving processes related to portfolio, project and program management
• Other duties or tasks as assigned by management.
Required / Desired Skills
Apply by creating/using account