Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Title: Clinical Applications Coordinator
Client: White Cloud Health Station (Federal Client)
Place of Performance: White Cloud, KS
Period of Performance: 1 year (Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
1. Responsible for drug file optimization to get ready for e-prescribing as well as the monthly maintenance thereafter
2. Responsible for the implementation and support of multi-service software packages that automate the capture of clinical encounter information and its subsequent retrieval. The application coordinator manages the customization of the site parameters and addresses integration issues with other software packages. Periodically reviews site parameters and local tables with each service for accuracy and completeness. The incumbent coordinates implementation of new software products obtained by the facility that cover these functions.
3. Development of medication quick orders and menus based on the local formulary.
4. Responsible for analyzing and evaluating processes related to information flow. Serves as liaison between service lines concerning these processes. Acquires a comprehensive knowledge of the software involved to determine what are procedural issues versus system/application deficiencies. Assists staff in the efficient use of the current software. Serves on medical center teams, wherever and whenever management determines the skills and talents of the incumbent would be best utilized
5. Responsible for establishing effective interpersonal relationships with all levels of medical center personnel. Creates a positive environment for reporting application and/or system deficiencies and suggestions for system improvements and enhanced functionality.
6. Responsible for promoting awareness of the importance of data validity and data security. Coordinates efforts to correct deficiencies and errors that occur in the electronic record.
7. Responsible for providing training to all services on current software applications, new features and insures training is scheduled for new users. Coordinates and provides training classes. Organizes and provides training in standardized reports and in the creation of custom templates for ad hoc reporting utilities. Acts as a resource in the best ways to view the automated data.
8. Responsible for working with various departments and their staff in the refining and evaluation of existing health-related software modules and programs.
9. Responsible for coordinating with other application coordinators within OCAO to implement integrated packages, resolve conflicts, provide secondary support on related software modules, and insure smooth operations in areas where package scope overlaps or is integrated with other services' functions. Works with programmers in local testing of software, identifying software problems and requesting enhancements. Logs all problems, referring those requiring a higher level of technical support to the appropriate person or team
QUALIFICATIONS OF CONTRACTED PERSONNEL:
1. Experience (2 or more years) in clinical applications support in the healthcare industry or a degree in Medical Informatics. Alternatively, a minimum of 4 years experience (with at least 1 year in the past six years) in direct patient care (medical, pharmacy, nursing, or allied health) with evidence of interest and knowledge of RPMS software packages or in medical informatics.
2. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with peers and superiors, to speak in front of groups and to communicate in writing policies, procedures, memoranda and training materials. Ability to operate and communicate effectively while under pressure is essential.
3. Experience serving as a liaison between groups within an organization, as an effective member of organizational teams and in coordinating software implementation projects.
5. Contractor shall complete the Pre-Employment Clearance and Background Investigation
Apply by creating/using account