Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
**This posting will be closed on 3/30/2017 @3pm. Resumes will be sent over daily**
**Agency will conduct their own finger print screening**
**Resource will be required to take an Excel test prior to starting**
**Position will be up to 6 months long**
**Candidate must be able to operate in a political environment that requires flexibility and a willingness to adapt to changing situations and priorities. Promote a team atmosphere and a team approach. Candidates must pass a rigorous background check that is performed by the Governor's Office**
**They are looking for candidates that show exceptional professionalism and can communicate well in a variety of situations. Candidate must have Excel skills including the ability to work with pivot tables**
Local Only Candidates - Resumes must specify the current location of the candidate, all those who do not state current location will not be considered. - AS A REMINDER - Candidates must be local at time of submission, and available for in person interviews within 1 week of the posting close date. Candidates must also be able to start within 2 weeks of an offer being made.
Please see the attached Cover letter that will need to be completed and submitted along with the resume. If the cover letter is not attached, or missing the required information, the candidate will be rejected.
Tentative start date will be dependent upon interviews conducted, successful background check process, and the state agency issuing a PO.
The Governor's Accounting Office requires an accountant to perform a wide variety of accounting tasks. This person must be professional, courteous, a quick learner and flexible enough to work in a political environment where the focus of the day can quickly change.
• Process accounting transactions in the statewide AFIS accounting system. Requires a self- starter who can see the process through from start to finish. This includes a standard review for internal control compliance, ensuring adherence to state and federal regulations and gaining a solid understanding of the electronic accounting system. Attention to detail is critical and expected.
• Manage the accounting functions for various grant funds and departmental units. Excellent communication and a commitment to outstanding service are required. This includes building a relationship with stakeholders, tracking budgets, applying the federal and state guidelines applicable to grant funding and knowledge of the state statutes that govern departmental funding. Excellent ongoing communication with supervisor but also a keen awareness of facts and the understanding to know when an issue should be elevated to supervisor.
• Completes various state and federal financial reports
• Monthly reconciliation of the general ledger, grants systems and fixed asset accounts between the internal logging system and the state accounting system. Keep an accurate and up-to-date log of transactions so the reconciliation process is as error free as possible. Being able to work through and solve discrepancies quickly and accurately.
• Prepare and execute a federal cash draw process every two weeks for the reimbursable grant accounts. Sort and track payables according to funding sources to determine the amount of funds necessary to draw from the federal cash system. Reconcile the grant funding balance to the accounting system. Deposit funds and pay expenses while paying close attention to cash balances and proper posting of transactions. Monitor grant budgets and end dates. Attention to detail is critical.
• Process employee travel claims on a timely basis. Understand and apply the state rules that govern reimbursable travel expenses. Professional communication with the traveler when questions arise.
• Other duties as needed.
Apply by creating/using account