Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
PLEASE READ DETAILS CLOSELY AS THIS IS A NEW NICHE ROLE WITHIN THE ORGANIZATION
Position title: Culinary Lead/ Software Development
The role will provide culinary expertise to a team of technology developers on recipes, ingredients, nutrition mapping to a team focused on creating software application that personalizes meal planning experience for consumers. After the go-live the team, the role will focus on creating recipes based on consumer/customer demand.
• Work location(s) – Time split between downtown Chicago (Client) and Glenview
• Onsite (KraftHeinz location), offsite (Kitchen, test locations), or both - Both
• Duration of assignment – 4/2 to 12/24
• Typical anticipated hours per week/schedule - 40
• Provide Software Development Teams with expertise on Recipe Interpretation & Data Structure, Ingredient Mapping, Alternate Ingredient Recommendations, and SKU Mapping to a Retailer Platform
• Create/Explain logic for identifying adjusting ingredient count based on serving size change
• Create/Explain logic for automatically tagging recipes by diet type, allergen type, cuisine type, meal parts, and other taxonomy
• Provide requirements for auto-calculating nutritional requirements based on serving size change, and other applicable parameters
• Build expertise in the Food and Beverage Recipes Platform, RISE system, and other internal KraftHeinz systems
• Provide expertise interpreting third-party recipes from other websites
• Test the Meal Planning Application
• Represents the Culinary function both internally and externally as a core cross-functional team member. Understands and executes against business strategies and priorities.
• Creates new recipes, from initial development through second testing and finalization. Leads food showings and presentations.
• Executes performance testing and yield testing
• Interacts with CRM team, digital innovation team, IT team as needed.
Experience and Knowledge:
• 3-5 years' experience creating recipes for a recipe site or in a corporate environment
• 3-5 years' experience mapping recipes to nutritional values
• Background in nutrition crucial. Knowledge of dietary restrictions and allergies required.
• Excel in analytics, database management, and mathematic modeling
• Ability to translate culinary requirements into a tech system
• SEO, Technology, Programming background is nice-to-have
• Experience working on product (sku) mapping and ingredient taxonomy
• Has the ability to identify correct ingredient swaps and substitutes
• Ability to convert recipe language to consumption of prepackaged products
• Ability to categorize attributes of prepared dishes and recipes for flavor, cuisine, emotion evoked, ingredients, level of convenience, cooking skill needed, seasonality, etc.
• Strong in scaling recipes to ensure ingredient integrity and recipe success. Will need to be able to work with the digital team problem solving and developing this capability.
• Able to effectively navigate white space ambiguity and possess creative problem solving
• Knowledge of food trends important. Familiarity with Datassential and Technomics a plus.
• Experience working with technical teams a plus
• Culinary degree/experience
• Tech/Programing Background is nice-to-have
Apply by creating/using account