Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Vehicle Order Specialist
The Vehicle Order Specialist will be responsible for ensuring the accurate fulfillment of dealer vehicle orders into the production cycle. As the key liaison between the regions and the factory, the individual will ensure European, Mexican and US factories production constraints are reconciled with dealer orders and sequenced and released accordingly.
The Vehicle Order Specialist will be measured on the accurate and timely sequencing of orders. They will also support the ordering process for corporate vehicles.
• Ensure that factory build specifications and port installed options are accurately reflected in Volkswagen of America master sales product specification tables (MPST) to create a market specific order database. Reconcile specification differences with the factories and product planning.
• Analyze and correct product offering specification differences with the factory and Product Strategy team.
• On a weekly basis and working with known carline and mix production constraints the individual will reconcile and schedule dealer orders into the production process. Escalate scheduling problems to management and be a conduit between the VW field and the factories.
• The individual will also provide early notification (forecast of heavy items) to factories of upcoming production needs to support the procurement process through close communication with Sales Planning. Translate market demand of critical production items into factory forecast format.
• Where possible, support the order change management process between the field and factory and fix inaccuracies.
• Calculate and monitor volume allocation on a monthly basis and coordinate consumption with markets.
• Provide ports split to logistics on a monthly basis.
• Participate in sales planning to reach wholesale and retail targets by analyzing mixes and restriction capacities.
• Manage over and undersupply through negotiations with factory and field customers.
• Lead process improvements for better communication between factory and market to increase productivity.
• Analyze and report factory commitments to production utilizing influencing skills where possible or alert management to production supply issues.
• Provide ordering support to Marketing, Product and other internal functions for auto show, press and training vehicles. Monitor progress and ensure timely arrival to market.
• Take part in vehicle launch activities providing order scheduling and analysis according to launch timelines.
• Drive 'Vehicle Ordering' continuous improvement initiatives including refinement of Business Intelligence, communication, IT and process.
• Bachelor Degree in Supply Chain or related field
• 3 Years Experience working in a logistics or supply chain environment
• Experience in Enterprise Business Intelligence and Planning and Consolidation Software [such as Business Objects or Cognos]
• Strong data and IT acumen
• Experience in Enterprise Business Intelligence and Planning and Consolidation Software [such as Business Objects or Cognos], desired
• Working experience in a logistics environment, desired
• Strong data and IT acumen, desired
VW Volume Planning
Note: 13 Holidays &10 PTO Days.
Apply by creating/using account