Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Telecommunications Analyst I
New Britain, CT
3 months potential to roll perm
Shift: 8AM-5:00PM, M-F, OT will be involved during migrations
Must have demonstrated hands on Cisco telecommunications experience.
Moves, Adds, Changes, Troubleshooting Cisco Phones
Ordering headsets, lines
Interview Process: 1 step in-person
Pay Rate: $22.00 - $28.00
Additional Skills: Entry Level Role.
Fundamental knowledge of basic skills/concepts with moderate level of proficiency.
Works under close to moderate supervision with limited latitude for independent judgment.
Works with management or senior peers on non-complex projects or as part of a team on more-complex projects, to learn through experience.
Is an active team member, shares ideas and suggestions appropriate for level of experience.
Typically requires 1 to 3 years designing and/or working with data and/or voice communication systems in a network environment.
Works directly with internal and/or external clients in the resolution of voice related issues while on the phone. Coordinates repair, move, add/change and delete assignments to telephone systems and associated voice equipment.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinates client requests for telecommunications support including moves, adds, changes, repairs, and inquiries.
• Troubleshoots telecommunications repair problems and follows appropriate escalation procedures.
• Provides software support for PBX, voice mail, voice networks, and video systems.
• Oversees vendor activities and verifies expenses relating to day-to-day support requirements.
• Updates departmental telecommunications documentation and databases.
• Provides internal/external client liaison role for day-to-day support activities.
• Writes basic business correspondence.
• Participates in internal/external client meetings.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
A high school diploma or GED is required for this role. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related technical discipline preferred.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner
• Requires understanding of telecommunications industry as well as voice system design and engineering
• Ability to understand and apply technical concepts
• Ability to analyze and solve problems using learned techniques and tools
• Basic understanding of infrastructure wiring/connectivity
• Requires documentation and telecommunications software administration skills
• Skill in troubleshooting/diagnostic tools and software installation and maintenance
• Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally as well as externally
• Flexibility, versatility, dependability
• May be required to provide on-call support
• May be required to work additional hours to meet project deadlines
Some in-state travel may be required to other branch locations.
General knowledge of Avaya and Cisco preferred.
Dress Codes: Business Casual
Apply by creating/using account