Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Title: Oracle Database Administrator
Duration: Permanent / FTE
Location: Denver, CO and/or St. Petersburg, FL
NOTE - No Visa candidates for this role
About this position:
- As a Senior Database Administrator, you will be part of a dynamic team that administers and manages complex database systems.
- You will create, manage and monitor performance and tuning of databases.
- You will be responsible for data warehousing design, data architecture strategy design and capacity planning. In this role, you are the primary on the most complex or escalated issues and may provide direction and guidance team members.
- This role will be based out of our new development center in Denver, CO and/or out of our St. Petersburg, FL location.
- Ensures availability, security and integrity of assigned databases.
- Implements data models and database designs and enables applications with efficient back-end access and processing.
- Resolves database performance, capacity, replication, and other distributed data issues.
- Installs and configures database management software (DBMS) and applicable service packs and/or patches.
- Develops and implements database maintenance plans, including performing integrity checks, updating statistics and monitoring security and hardware resource utilization.
- Establishes regular backups of databases and transaction logs.
- Manages logins and user accounts, including assigning database object permissions and ancillary privileges.
- Schedules and manages jobs for data transfers and sundry procedures and monitors performance and impact on operations.
- Participates in data modeling and database logical and physical design.
- Participates in application development processes and code reviews of database objects.
- Analyzes long-term database performance trends to optimize database and application performance.
- Configures database server to work with middleware, web servers and OnLine Analytical Processing (OLAP) tools.
- Configures, supports, and optimizes replication.
- Performs acceptance testing on computer systems, applications and hardware.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS or related degree and five (5) years of relevant experience including relational database programming experience or combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience in Financial Services or other regulated industry preferred.
- Experience with the following Oracle products and options: Oracle RDBMS Enterprise Edition, Real Application Clusters (RAC), Replication solutions such as Data Guard and Golden Gate, Exadata and other engineered systems, Multitenant, Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM)
- Experience with PL/SQL code development and tuning
- Performance tuning and analysis using AWR, ASH.
- Scripting and automation using shell scripting, Perl, Python, etc.
- Exposure to ITIL principles a plus.
- Capacity planning for all aspects of a database system (storage, compute, memory, etc.)
- Understanding of networking and connectivity and how it relates to a database environment.
- Informed position on cloud services and options
- Ability to occasionally work a non-standard shift including nights and/or weekends and/or have on-call responsibilities.
Apply by creating/using an account