Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Title: Technical Architect (Mobile & Wireless)
Location: Greenwood Village / Denver, CO
Duration: 6 - 24 Months
- The Technical Architect is responsible for mobile and wireless design and implementation.
- While this position includes hands-on development work, it also focuses a majority of the time on technical leadership, which includes code reviews, coaching engineers, documenting and evolving coding standards and best practices, performing data modeling, participating in advanced troubleshooting of production and pre-production systems, and authoring frameworks and utilities to improve the efficiency of the engineering staff.
- This role will also focus on wireless access technology development including Mobile & Wireless/WiFi, engineering design, & deployment support.
- Hands-on architect who can develop, coach developers, perform code reviews, audits, and can provide clear direction to engineers
- Supports mobile strategy with technology expertise to assess the feasibility of new business opportunities such as home automation
- MVNO experience
- Supports new initiatives related to WiFi First, Hotspot 2.0, & other mobile roaming efforts
- Drives solutions implementation. Writes epic user stories & manage the technology/architecture backlog
- Define & Continuously Manage the Architecture Vision & Strategy for Capability/Platform area that they own/managed. Roadmap with phase, milestones and business value
- Architecture Design, Blueprint, and Technical Architecture (infra/system) documentation to feed the Dev teams.
- Roadmap for transformation, Phases/Milestones and Value
- Ability to create documentation needed to drive the strategy, architecture and adoption: process/system flows, sequence diagrams, logical/reference architecture, solution architecture, capabilities model, standards, KPIs, etc.
- Define the architecture & design principles, standards and processes for the team
- Identifies patterns, frameworks, and performs value chain analysis that drives the realization
- Market Research - latest technologies, best practices, conferences, gartner/forrester, forums, network POCs . Pilots, Rapid Test/Evaluation of Technology, and drive spike sprints for quick prototyping
- Performs Value Chain Analysis, Estimations, Impact Assessment
- Collaborating and working with the other architects & principal engineers on tech/product requirements, architecture design decisions, standards, principles and priorities to drive value.
- Responsible for test strategy and leading test sessions
- Responsible for providing test estimations after understanding the test architecture
- Perform value chain analysis to determine approach, sequencing and priorities for test execution.
- Define Test Architecture Vision & Strategy for assigned to Domain
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Technology required, Computer Science or Math background highly desired
- Domain (Telecom) Subject matter expertise
- Ability to speak to enterprise-wide Network Solutions technologies
- Experience in the telecom industry, specifically with mobile experience
- Progressive experience in software engineering/enterprise architecture/technology leadership across multiple products, systems and/or platforms coupled with strong business acumen and executive presence.
- Experience as an architect and previously a developer with a technology stack including: Java, Angular, and Oracle
- Experience working in solutions design and enterprise architecture delivering IT solutions.
- Experience with a broad range of wireless access technologies including WiFi, 4G-LTE & IoT
- Consulting experience
- Relevant technology certifications: Cisco, Microsoft, Avaya, Siemens, Polycom, Riverbed, Juniper, VMWare, Oracle.
- Master's Degree
- A zen-like calmness -- when things get tense (like around a client delivery deadline), you are able to maintain your cool and direct the team to success
- A love for solving client problems – you see solving them as a personal challenge
- An interest in growing into an experienced decision-maker – not everyone is comfortable making big decisions
Apply by creating/using an account