Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Job Title: HR IT Project Manager-Business Capability
Work Location: Lawrence Township, NJ
Length of Assignment: 6 Months
Position Type: Contract Role
Client: A Big Pharmaceutical Company
Project Manager Responsibilities:
• Ensures Program is delivered within the agreed upon schedule, budget, and quality constraints coordinated between all the different Program components
• Partners with business functions to: understand their needs; ensure alignment to timelines and costs; and track mutual dependencies
• Defines Program Governance including Roles and Responsibilities and the Program Infrastructure (program office, technology, and other factors in the work environment supporting the program effort)
• Acts as the communications conduit to the Program Owner, executive sponsors and business program steering committee and conducts periodic briefings/status updates
• Builds and maintains a comprehensive Program Plan/Schedule with Project Schedule rollups. Reviews/approves Project Plans/Schedules for conformance to Program strategy
• Identifies and triages new issues for criticality and ownership, mostly independently, due to technical awareness.
Scope of Work:
• Accountable for addressing external and cross team internal dependencies, mitigation and resolution of program level risks and issues. Escalates to Program Owner and Executive Sponsors as necessary.
• Ensures all Projects under the Program are adhering to the Program/Project Management Framework, ADM/System Development Lifecycle, Sarbanes-Oxley, GxP, Client policies and procedures, and other compliance processes where applicable
• Implements Financial reporting, metrics and controls
• Fosters effective collaboration between multi-functional and virtual teams across – IT, Business functions, Vendors and Service Providers
• Schedules and hosts various SME weekly or semi-weekly core team meetings or working sessions to ensure team alignment which will provide guidance across the program
Expected Areas of Competence:
• Proven experience of 10+ years in leading complex HR, HR Information Technology Projects or Programs
• Experienced in managing Projects or Programs by leveraging standard industry Project Management frameworks (e.g. - PMBOK) and Software Development Lifecycle methodology (e.g. - Agile, Waterfall, etc.)
• Delivers cost-effective, high quality Projects or Programs on-time through application of PM guidelines and standards (best practices) and effective controls while meeting requisite compliance requirements (Sarbanes-Oxley, GxP etc.,)
• Ability to conceptualize Projects or Programs from start to finish to effectively manage and keep initiative on schedule while adapting to sudden changes and shifting priorities
• Demonstrates effective Project Management skills through the development of project plans, resource allocation, plan execution, consistent communications with project team members and stakeholders, status reviews, and delivery of agreed upon results
• Achieves effective control on the Project or Program through management of scope, estimating, accounting, budget management, risk management and project closeout
• Ability to establish strong working relationships with team members, creates and motivates cross-functional & cross-departmental project teams, establishes roles and responsibilities, provides direction and fosters effective team skills to complete tasks on time
• Ability to complete multiple, simultaneous projects with minimal supervision and prioritize incoming work appropriately.
• Ability to integrate/rollup multiple Projects within Program
• Demonstrates strong communication skills allowing the candidate to serve as the primary point of contact for all communications within Biopharma IT, Business teams, and any third party involved in the Project or Program - effectively communicates relevant information to key stakeholders as per defined Communications plan
• Identifies the need for and creates/implements improvements to continuously improve the Project Management Service capabilities in the organization
• Identifies, implements and champions the use of new value added techniques and process improvements to help better the IT Project Management service
• Demonstrates innovation, flexibility, open-mindedness, and adaptability in order to meet objectives in a rapidly changing environment with shifting priorities
• Consistently develops others by providing them with challenging opportunities and coaching them to be successful
• Demonstrates an ability to assess and understand a wide variety of Client business issues; recommend and deliver IT strategies/systems/tools that provide superior value to end-client
• Ability to deal with unstructured, complex Projects or Programs that will require effective communication and negotiation skills in order to define and gain agreement on appropriate actions
• Additional plus would be someone who has experience working with external Service Providers providing hosting services (Client, DXC, BT etc.)
• Prior experience in the Pharmaceutical industry and validated systems
• Demonstrated ability to manage HR and HR IT project teams in a complex, changing environment to deliver value-added results to the organization
• Demonstrated ability to work with a range of technically, culturally & geographically diverse teams in a matrixed environment, influencing them to complete deliverables, and delivering value added business results that meet high quality requirements within tight deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to communicate to a diverse audience at multiple levels within the company through various formats, such as presentations, written proposals, reports, correspondence, leading meetings, and face-to-face dialogue etc.
• Highly motivated individual that is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.
• Ability to work with cross-functional team in a flexible environment, maintain high level of collaboration, and foster positive work environment.
Interested candidates can share their most updated resume at firstname.lastname@example.org or they can reach out to me on #973-967-3412
Apply by creating/using an account