The Senior Master Planning Specialist is responsible for all forecasting activities associated with their commodity across system units and options. The Planner creates and maintains forecast models for their customers, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from the geography product managers, marketing operations, and WW operations development teams.
The Senior Master Planning Specialist is the integration point into the geography product mgr and marketing teams as well as the supply management and inventory organizations. Basic forecast modeling is the responsibility of this position. This position leads the dialogue each cycle for their products with key counterparts in product mgt, marketing and supply mgt.
Required Technical/Functional Skills:
• Excellent analysis & problem solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Self-motivated, good initiative and strong commitment to work
• Good team player
• Degree in Business preferably with a strong analytical discipline
• Minimum of 3years' experience in supply chain
Preferred Technical/Functional Skills:
• Develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function.
• Develop and maintain an attach rate plan at the sales building block (SBB) level.
• Develop and maintain a volume plan for the associated options.
• Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
• Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions.
• Interact with product managers and marketing operations to understand demand forecast drivers.
• Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Product Mgr's and Marketing Operations to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts.
• Use and maintain the Demand Planning software as the primary forecasting system tool.
• Provide input to the Supply Planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
• Closely coordinate and communicate customer action plans with supply planning
• Create statistical forecasts:
- Gather, analyze and validate data
- Execute statistical modeling
- Review resulting statistical forecast model
- Apply error analysis techniques to improve forecasting
- Summarize/aggregate statistical forecasts
• Review product life cycles and roadmaps and demand drivers:
- Present, solicit, and assess feedback on the various forecasts from geo product managers and operational marketing
- Recommend adjustments for operational forecasts
- Review promotional plans with operational marketing
• Achieve consensus for operational demand forecasts by facilitating a collaborative planning process with product mgr's and operational marketing personnel:
- Prepare relevant material to facilitate research and discussion
• Provide input to the supply mgt team
- Facilitate and manage demand planning/supply mgt meetings as required.
- Achieve consensus with the business side and the demand chain
• Maintain demand planning system
- Enter and modify data and ensure its correctness
- Monitor trends in forecast error
- Identify relevant market-related data and competitive intelligence
• Prepare and maintain relevant reports pertaining to demand planning process
• A geography level demand forecast which incorporates current and accurate market information that allows the company to correctly predict customer requirements and provides the broader supply chain with the appropriate information to meet the customer demand.
• Improved relationships among planners, product mgrs, marketing and development, which will lead to effective knowledge sharing and an optimal consensus forecast to better guide the company.
• Refined systems and methods to continually improve forecasts so that the company can better anticipate customer needs.
• Execute with excellence in the area of customer replenishment and feedback to the Supply Chain group the opportunities and risks regarding customer experience metrics.