Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Title: Accountant - III
Work Location: Foster City, CA
Length of Assignment: 14 Months
Position Type: Contract Full Time
Client: A Big Pharmaceutical Company
Specific Responsibilities: is seeking a Senior Accountant who will be responsible for intercompany accounting, and reconciliations for the North America Region. The Senior Accountant will provide global oversight for overall intercompany balances for Financial Shared Services in accordance with US GAAP. In this role the successful candidate will:
• Perform GL account analysis, and account reconciliations for the intercompany area.
• Ensure financial results are in accordance with GAAP.
• Work with treasury, tax, financial analysts, accounts payable and accounts receivable to support overall intercompany transactions.
• Maintain a control environment in which the processes are consistent with the requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley and Controller's Manual.
• Participate in or lead cross-functional initiatives to improve processes. This may involve leading process improvement projects related to intercompany accounting.
• Interact with internal and external auditors to ensure the quarterly review and audit activities are executed in a timely manner.
• Work with other accounting personnel and may serve as team lead to ensure successful accomplishments of individual and team goals and objectives.
• Support Oracle enhancements, OBIEE, Hyperion and UAT testing.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
• Performs and possibly supervises accounting sub-function and preparation of reports and statistics detailing financial results.
• Coordinates schedules, activities and reports with other departments.
• Establishes and maintains operating procedures within the context of existing SOX controls and company policies.
• Responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of journal entries (with appropriate supporting documentation) for the month-end close and accounting transactions.
• Maintains, reconciles and resolves reconciling items for balance sheet accounts.
• Responsible for preparing analysis and schedules for management as well as internal and external auditors.
• Frequently interacts with peers, outside vendors, external auditors and functional group members at various management levels.
• May be asked to train employees in other functions on the proper use of accounting software and tools.
• Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others, conducting presentations or providing technical information concerning specific projects.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
• 3+ years of relevant experience and a BA or BS degree in accounting or equivalent.
• Must be able to apply accounting knowledge to day-to-day operations and assigned projects.
• Strong technical expertise in their area of responsibility is required.
• Ability to identify trends through analysis of various data.
• Working knowledge of Oracle R12 or similar integrated software product is necessary.
• Proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Outlook, and Word) required.
• Strong written, presentation and interpersonal skills are required.
• Excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills are required.
• Able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment, meeting deadlines in an accurate and timely manner.
• Must be detail-oriented.
• Experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry a plus.
If you are interested in this job than please send me your most updated resume on firstname.lastname@example.org or you can reach me at #973-507-7579
Apply by creating/using an account