Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Title: Financial Analyst - II
Work Location: San Dimas, CA
Length of Assignment: 6 Months
Position Type: Contract Full Time
Client: A Big Pharmaceutical Company
Specific Responsibilities and skills for Position:
Currently seeking a Senior Financial Analyst II to join the PDM FP&A team. The SFA will provide critical support to key processes driving budgeting as well as monthly, quarterly and year-end financial reporting. This position reports to the PDM Commercial Manufacturing Finance Manager.
A summary of key characteristics includes:
Willingness to be hands-on: The individual must have a willingness to become involved in operations to understand the processes so that the person can be viewed as the financial partner by the business.
Business Partnership and Collaboration: The candidate must demonstrate an ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders and partners and work collaboratively to deliver meaningful analyses and decision support.
Results Orientation and Sense of Urgency: The ideal candidate will be results-driven and must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. He/she must have the ability to deliver timely results and possess and be willing to take ownership of problems and drive sound decisions. A "can-do” attitude is an absolute must.
Business Savvy and Financial Acumen: The candidate will possess exceptional financial analytical and problem-solving skills. These skills must be balanced by sound business judgment.
Independent Worker with Cross-Functional Orientation: The candidate must be an independent self-starter and a proactive leader demonstrating strong influencing capabilities with business partners while maintaining open and transparent communication within matrixed organization.
Provide Forward Thinking: The individual will be able to identify key business drivers to financial metrics and perform scenario analyses. The individual will be able to identify the interdependencies across different organization and proactively address the potential impact of issues with relevant parties
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
• Provide key financial support to the San Dimas and La Verne manufacturing organization.
• Support the annual budgeting and forecast planning process for each functional area for operating expense, headcount, capital expenditures.
• Support the delivery of accurate and timely monthly/quarterly business reporting packages. Supports consolidation of management reporting packages.
• Present financial results to business partners.
• Support month end close/reporting activities and variance analytics. The SFA will develop an in-depth understanding of key business drivers to incorporate into monthly commentaries.
• Provide ongoing analytical support to assist management with tactical and strategic decision making processes.
• Develop a good understanding of key performance drivers & issues relating to budget and actual results ensuring key issues, risks, and business drivers are understood and highlighted to management.
• Drive continual improvements to processes, systems, financial tools and documentation.
• Ensure compliance with internal controls, company policies and procedures including the Worldwide Controller's Policies.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
• 5+ years of relevant experience and advancing responsibility in a financial planning and analysis role, and a BA or BS degree in Business or Accounting.
• Financial planning and analysis experience from a multinational organization with experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry a plus.
• MBA/CPA/Chartered Accountant qualification preferred
• Excellent analytical and modeling skills, strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and solid understanding of finance concepts
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills are important and an ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
• Highly motivated, and committed to driving change and to continually improving processes and results
• Able to work and adapt to fast paced environment, meeting deadlines in an accurate and timely manner
• Strong organizational, project management, and analytical skills are a must
• Track record of optimism and creativity when faced with challenges or change
• Strong business partnering skills and experience
• Experience with Hyperion Applications and Oracle ERP
• Expert knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint and creating Management quality presentations
If you are interested in this job than please send me your most updated resume on email@example.com or you can reach me at #973-507-7579
Apply by creating/using an account