Lenovo is looking for a talented HRIS Analyst to join our HR Operations team and provide day-to-day administration and tier 2 support of Workday, our human resource information systems (HRIS). The HRIS Analyst serves as a point of contact for Payroll functional areas and assists HR subject matter experts to resolve systems issues and process improvements. Responsibilities will include testing system changes across all platforms, configuration and testing of data tables, documentation and deploying Payroll systems upgrades or enhancements. Must be able to respond to day-to-day questions and requests; open payroll calendars to ensure the payroll files are accurate, run off-cycle payment files for payroll teams, review integration runs to ensure that all payroll files have run and delivered for scheduled countries and complete mass upload files to the system. The role is also responsible for leading the Workday Payroll Upgrades (twice a year) for Payroll which entails analyzing new features and testing new and existing functionality to ensure go live readiness. Analyze issues concerning systems affecting internal and external customer; this may include software issues and or changes. Provide excellent customer support for internal customers
• As part of a collaborative team work with local payroll teams, mapping earning and deduction codes as well as mass uploads of data to the system.
• Qualified candidate will have a solid working knowledge of Workday Payroll in order to research questions and issues related to Workday payroll and payroll integrations.
• Assist in the testing of new features and functionality in the HR systems.
• Monitor systems to assure data accuracy and timely processing of workflows and integrations. Troubleshoot and resolve issues or unexpected results.
• Responsible for the creation of test scenarios, writing test scripts and managing the execution of unit and end-user testing, in partnership with functional experts, to ensure all processes work according to predetermined goals.
• Load and/or maintain system table data and setup tables.
• Perform routine data audits to ensure data integrity. Support data pulls/scrubs in support of upgrades, implementations, system functionality changes, system usage and acquisitions.
• Log/resolve issues tickets.
• As the HRIS subject matter expert, engage in system projects as a core project team member.
• Partner with the Payroll and Finance group to ensure core HR data interfaces correctly to subsidiary systems.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Technical/Functional Skills:
• Minimum 3 years of HRIS and data management experience in a SaaS or ERP environment ((PeopleSoft, UltiPro, Oracle, SAP); experience with Workday preferred) with proven in-depth knowledge of payroll.
* Technical experience with Workday payroll.
Preferred Technical/Functional Skills:
• Minimum 3 years of HRIS and data management experience in a SaaS or ERP environment ((PeopleSoft, UltiPro, Oracle, SAP); experience with Workday preferred) with proven in-depth knowledge of payroll preferred.
• Experience writing reports using a report writer tool.
• Experience building and executing test scripts for system upgrades and enhancements.
• Strong attention to detail and research and the ability to work with a cross functional teams (HRIS Team Members, Service Center and Payroll)
• Knowledge of 3rd Party Payroll Providers a plus
• Ability to manage multiple customers and stakeholders with flexibility and proper attitude as well as the ability to foster a positive, productive work environment
• Excellent customer service and time management skills and ability to work independently.
• Self-motivated to push objectives forward with high efficiency.
• A sense of urgency is vital in this role, as the turnaround time for our payroll teams is limited
• Payroll knowledge, from a system perspective – ability to understand earnings and deductions
• Experience with loading and configuring data tables.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Strong attention to detail.
• Strong organization and time management skills required. Proven ability to work independently and prioritize multiple stakeholders and tasks. Ability to react to quickly changing priorities.
• Knowledge of HR systems and processes and hands-on with technology and familiarity with data analysis tools.
• Demonstration of effective verbal and written communication skills with the flexibility and ability to work with several areas and levels within the Company.
Required Education/Experience/Licenses etc.:
• Bachelor's Degree in human resources, business or related functions.
Preferred Education/Experience/Licenses etc.:
• Bachelor's Degree in human resources, business or related functions preferred.