Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Job Title: Direct Hire - Financial Analyst
Location: Woodcliff Lake, NJ
R&D Financial Analyst will be responsible for providing budgeting, forecasting and accounting services to the Study Teams in support of clinical trial activities. The position will ensure proper monitoring and accounting for all expenses associated with clinical studies being conducted. The Financial Analyst will assist with the monthly closing and Business Plan / Forecasting processes for the Study Teams, including the preparation of detailed variance commentary. This position requires a strong proficiency in excel based modeling for maintaining the ongoing activities associated with the clinical studies. The position will interact closely with the Business Group's Project Management Team and other cross-functional members within the R&D organization.
The Financial Analyst will also provide support for general and administrative cost centers, including the preparation of monthly, quarterly and full year Business Plan / forecast updates and monthly closing activities. This also entails preparing detailed variance commentary of actual performance against business plan/forecast.
1. Provide planning and forecasting support for clinical study teams and cost center managers including:
- Preparation of the Annual Business Plan
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and full year forecast in accordance with the submission timelines
- Provide detailed variance commentary of actual performance against business plan/forecast
2. Responsible for assisting with the monthly closing process for Cost Centers/Clinical Studies, including preparation of accounting journal entries, accruals, account reconciliations and support
3. Monitor business performance, identifying and analyzing variances to budgets and forecasts, as well as provide management with insights into any risks or opportunities
4. Interact, coordinate and support activities with other US Finance /Accounting functions
5. Ensure compliance with all required accounting policies, procedures, standards and processes
• BA or BS Degree in Accounting /Finance, MBA/CPA a plus
• 2-3 years of financial business and/or accounting experience required.
• Experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
• Possess strong decision making, problem solving, and analytical skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills. Ability to interact effectively with multiple departments and all levels of management.
• Ability to work in a dynamic fast paced environment, to embrace change and foster creativity within the organization.
• Detail oriented; solid team player; strong customer service; well organized with the ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks and independently under tight deadlines.
• High level of intensity, integrity, dedication and the desire/ability to learn.
• Excellent computer skills required; must have advanced knowledge of Excel
• Understanding of basic accounting concepts specifically related to expenses rules.
• System knowledge of SAP and TM1 a plus.
****Candidates preferably from audit firms preferred, and not too senior.****
Interested candidates can send their updated resumes on firstname.lastname@example.org and you can also reach me at 973-967-3431.
Apply by creating/using account