Lenovo is looking for an e-Learning Instructional Designer for a high-performing, global development team. Is responsible for the effectiveness and impact of sales training programs pertaining to one or many organizations, including the development and delivery of learning programs targeted at Lenovo's Sales Organizations dispersed globally.
The developer will collaborate closely with a team of developers, instructional designers, multimedia specialists, and product subject matter experts (SMEs) to create sales-focused, technical e-Learning solutions for an audience of internal representatives, external sellers, and retail audiences. This includes writing and developing, with some editorial, multimedia, and design work.
• Designing and creating engaging, effective e-Learning courses. This includes creating SCORM content using Storyline and other e-Learning tools; building quizzes and interactivity; audio recording; testing of courses prior to their release; maintenance and refreshing of content in existing e-learning courses
• Produce instructional design documents such as storyboards, scripts, media lists and assessment tools in accordance with defined style guides such as Brand, instructional design and editorial.
Communicate efficiently and timely with SMEs, stakeholders, and team members globally and locally
• Actively participate in special projects, initiatives, and programs as required
• Maintain relevant project documentation
• Documents progress/status of assigned tasks for review by others
• Reports regularly to Project Manager and informs other team members on assignments and progress
• Remains current with technology tools and trends in Instructional Design and Digital Learning
• Applies best practices and principles of Instructional Systems Design (e.g. ADDIE process)
Required Technical/Functional Skills:
Minimum of 5+ years of corporate training experience, preferably in the design, development and delivery of training
• Excellent skills in authoring tools such as Storyline or Adobe Captivate
• Excellent English language oral and written communication skills
• Fluent in Microsoft Office applications
• Understanding of adult learning theories and pedagogy
• Demonstrated ability to apply instructional design theory and principles
• Strong problem solving and critical thinking
• Ability to work without constant supervision
• Passionate about creating great interactive learning
• Demonstrated ability to work with a range of stakeholders including subject matter experts, multimedia developers, as well as other instructional designers
• Demonstrated ability to build influential relationships and to effectively influence decisions
• Must be a results-driven, team player
Preferred Technical/Functional Skills:
• Experience working within sales training teams preferred
• Experience creating training programs for global audiences preferred
• Technology industry knowledge preferred
Required Education/Experience/Licenses etc.:
Bachelor degree in Education or Instructional Design
• Instructional Technology or related degree or 2 years + experience as an e-Learning Developer or Instructional Designer
• Must be able to show work and complete a short project to be considered.
Preferred Education/Experience/Licenses etc.:
Master degree in Adult Education, Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Corporate Training & Development or equivalent degree.