Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Please find the Job Description below:
Job Title: : IT Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Redwood City, CA
Duration: 6 Months(Onsite)
Position: IT Infrastructure Engineer
This position is located for onsite work in Redwood City, CA. Some off-hours work will be required.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
To serve as a key contributor to support the infrastructure on-premises and cloud for the Discovery IT organization at Redwood City. The main function of the role is to support new technology initiatives and implement leading-edge technologies with best practices, including hybrid cloud technologies, AWS-cloud migrations, high density computing platform, software defined data center and scientific workflows for research applications.
· Provide system-level expertise on Linux operating systems such as RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, to enable Discovery IT operations at Redwood City, including Cloud integration.
· Provide support to research computing infrastructure as part of the team, involving servers, workstations, storage systems, networking, IaaS elements and applications.
· Work with key clients in scientific research areas to deliver HPC services, system customization, performance tuning and optimization, proof-of-concept prototyping and deliver new capabilities.
• 3-5 years of strong experience, or more, in supporting and managing Linux systems in professional environment(s).
o Experience in hands-on and remote administration for x86_64 servers.
o Red Hat Linux or CentOS, including X-servers is a must.
o Experience in UNIX SHELL, Perl and Python is required
o Understanding of NAS protocols (SMB/CIFS and NFS) from both the server- and the client- ends.
o Must be able to program in a shell language; must be able to perform software compilation and installation activities.
o Must have proficient TCP/IP networking understanding
· 2 years of experience using AWS cloud services. Knowledge of EC2, EBS & S3 required. Familiarity with any RDS service preferred.
· Ability to troubleshoot storage related issues on both Linux and Windows platforms, Mac's optional
· Ability to work both independently and as a contributor in a team environment
· Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
· Strong oral and written communication skills
• Experience in managing high performance compute infrastructure in the data center including high speed network switches, standalone servers, high density blade servers, NAS and object storage
• Working knowledge of configuring systems environment for databases such as MySQL and Postgress
• Experience supporting blocks based storage and Fibre Channel or iSCSI SAN switches, and familiarity with multi-pathing and other high availability configurations on server side
• Working knowledge of virtualization technologies such as VMware
• Working knowledge of Linux Containers such as Docker
• Working knowledge of Backup technologies.
• Experience with the transfer of data to/from cloud offerings such as AWS S3
Bachelor's degree is required.
Interested candidates can send their updated resumes on firstname.lastname@example.org and you can also reach me at 973-967-3431.
Apply by creating/using account