Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Artech is currently seeking to add to the below position
Job Title: Developer/Engineer - Scientific
Job ID: 18-21545
Location: Cambridge, MA
Duration: 6 Months
Must have experience in Java programming for genomics and genetics applications
Drug discovery continues to be transformed by powerful computational sciences and technologies that translate high throughput measurements into actionable knowledge about disease, patients and therapeutics. At client, the Scientific Computing team is part of client research and provides scientists with cutting-edge computational informatics and analytics tools and services in support of research and early development. The team has technical depth, agility and great motivation to solve scientifically demanding problems.
Client is seeking a IT Developer/Engineer to join the Scientific Computing team. The ideal candidate will prototype and execute scientific software development projects against needs and requirements comprising world-class data processing, QC and management platforms such as the NGS data generation and processing pipeline. The ideal candidate will be interested in building and implementing petascale solutions that handle billions of transactions and petascale data volumes.
• Work closely in partnership with scientists to understand scientific challenges, data needs, business needs, technology and software requirements
• Build and support a LIMS system for NGS data management and workflow automation
• Develop and establish best-practices in software LCM with code-reviews, version control, continuous integration and documentation
• Demonstrated ability in software LCM and agile methodologies, web development frameworks (HTML/CSS, Django, AngularJS), git versioning and visualization libraries (D3.js). R/Rshiny experience is a plus
• Solid experience with High Performance Computing (HPC) environments, scheduling engines (SGE, LSF) and initiating and managing VM’s
• Expertise with common bioinformatics workflow management frameworks (e.g. Nextflow, snakemake), APIs (SOAP, RESTful), databases (Oracle, NoSQL).
• Experience with distributed computing (Spark, Hadoop), cloud computing (AWS, Google cloud) and app containers.
• Experience with large scale data transfer over Internet2 and GridFTP.
Please apply on our company website (www.artechinfo.com) with reference to job ID, or contact me at email@example.com / 973.967.3540
Assistant Manager- Staffing
Artech Information Systems LLC
360 Mt. Kemble Avenue, Suite 2000 | Morristown, NJ 07960
Office: 973.967.3540 | Fax: 973.998.2599
Email: Nisha.Samuel@artechinfo.com | Website: www.artechinfo.com
About Artech Information Systems LLC
Artech is an employer-of-choice for the last 25 years to over 7,500 consultants across the globe. We recruit top-notch talent for over 70 Fortune and Government clients coast-to-coast across the U.S., India, and China. We are #1 Largest Women-Owned IT Staffing Firm in the US and this may be your opportunity to join us! For more check: www.artechinfo.com
Connect with Artech through Social Media
Learn more about our company including the latest events at Artech, new job opportunities, jobseeker tips, and more. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, and YouTube
Apply by creating/using account