Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Artech is currently seeking to add to the below position
Job Title: Controls Engineer with HMI
Location: 2435 Alpine Road,Eau Claire, WI 54703
RESPONSIBILITIES (Controls Engineer):
• Gather and document requirements for manufacturing equipment control systems and software.
• Develop cost effective and reliable machine control system and software concepts and designs.
• Lead and/or participate in a cross-functional design team environment in the development and implementation of new machine designs and machine modifications.
• Develop and maintain detailed project plans for control system and software design tasks in support of new machine design and machine modification projects.
• Provide direction to Designers and Drafters in the development of equipment print packages.
• Develop and/or modify design documentation in accordance with established HTI standards.
• Define the control system and lead cross-functional design reviews in the development of new machine designs and machine modifications
• Integrate and troubleshoot control systems and software, and assist in the build qualification of new machine designs and machine modifications.
• Provide control system and software technical support during machine deployment and throughout the manufacturing life of the machine.
• Approve changes to controlled equipment documentation for control systems and software.
• Identify areas of opportunity, research and evaluate machine control system components, technologies, and software tools for use in new machine designs and machine modifications.
• Travel to domestic HTI manufacturing sites and external suppliers to support the implementation of new machines and modifications.
QUALIFICATIONS (Controls Engineer):
• BSEE or BSME with 2-5 years' relevant experience or MSEE or MSME with 2 years' experience.
• Experience must be in the design and integration of control systems and software for automated manufacturing equipment.
• Proven ability to successfully develop, implement, troubleshoot and support the hardware and software aspects of machine control systems.
• Experience in programming of PLC's – Siemens, Client, Allen Bradley.
• Working knowledge and programming of HMI's – Wonderware, RSView32.
• Experience in the development of real-time machine controls software using Visual Basic, C++, C#, or .NET programming in a multitasking environment.
• Experience in the development and application of servo motion control, robotics, process control, measurement devices, vision, or related technologies.
• Working knowledge of Software Engineering principles (Object Oriented Design) and tools for software development is desired.
• Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
• Possesses good interaction and written/oral communication skills.
• Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and projects.
• Demonstrated application of project management skills (planning, accounting, updates).
• Willingness to adjust work schedule to meet project milestones, and to occasionally travel to other domestic HTI manufacturing sites or external suppliers.
Apply by creating/using account