Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Artech is currently seeking to add to the below position
Job Title: Enterprise Back Up Engineer
Job ID: CR078
Location: Vacaville or Sacramento (travel to other State Fund locations as needed)
Duration: 09 Months contract
The consultant resource shall support the State Fund Enterprise.
The consultant will provide professional services to support the long term IT strategy and planning to include high level analysis, professional reports and presentations, mentoring, support and training.
The scope of duties for Resource includes but is not limited to the following:
This position will be the subject matter expert for Enterprise backup and recovery role in engineering, implementation, and 3rd level day-to-day operational support.
Position requires strong hands on experience in Enterprise storage and backup with preferred knowledge on Commvault, Data Domain that interact with back-end SAN/NAS technologies from Netapp and HDS using Brocade/Cisco MDS fabric switching.
This position will focus on internal IT service delivery and involves interactions directly with all of IT's technology areas (e.g. Wintel, Networking, VMware, Unix).
Successful candidate requires a dynamic, hard-working and ambitious individual that excels at multi-tasking and has the ability to ramp up quickly in a dynamic, high-tech environment.
Candidates for this position must be able to, from day one, roll up their sleeves and hit the ground running, and bring their experience to the team to make the project deployments much smoother.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Bachelor's of Science in Computer Science or Engineering
• 5+ years of CommVault experience
• 5+ years of experience with Data Domain systems, NetApp and HDS storage
• 5+ years of experience working in VMware vSphere (and prior versions) environment
• Minimum 7+ years of broad experience with system and storage solutions, including those of SAN fabric switching technology such as Brocade and Cisco MDS
• 5- 8 years in installation/configuration of high end servers and storage hardware in data centers
• 2 – 4 Experience in managing Unix/Linux Enterprise environments. OR
• 3 – 5 Experience in working in Windows and Linux (CentOS, Redhat)
• Solid verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail
• Must have hands on experience with CommVault V11
• Must have hand on experience with CommVault iData Agent (SQL / Oracle)
• Project Management, Problem Solving, Expert Enterprise backup and recovery Knowledge in implementation, configuration, troubleshooting and performance tuning. People Management
• This role must have strong hands on experience with large-scale enterprise backup and recovery technology using CommVault and NetApp.
• Experience with architectural and optimal design of backup environment
• Knowledge of storage based backup such as NetApp Snap backup, Snap Drive, Snap Mirror, Snap Vault and Snap Manager will be also be necessary.
• Hands on experience with Brocade and Cisco MDS fabric switching is also a must.
• Experience with Actifio backup technology and EMC Recovery Point replication is a plus
• Administrative scripting skills (Perl, UNIX shell scripting) is required
• Solid understanding of data center related technology and collocation environment.
• Expert knowledge of working with iSCSI, Fiber channel, SAS and FCoE
• In-depth knowledge of data replication technologies such as CIFS and Client.
• Experience with backing up OS environment running Linux, Windows, SQL, Oracle and DB2.
• Experience with backing up enterprise storage systems in a large-scale data warehouse environment.
• Experience with virtual technology, such as, VMWARE ESX, VMWARE VDI and Citrix XenDesktop and micro-partitions is highly desirable
• Thorough understanding of network storage technologies, including those of enterprise SAN/NAS and storage switches.
• Understanding of CommVault Workflow Automation tool
• Ability to think and operate as a team player
• Extremely strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Experience managing backup and recovery services and similar support providers in a client/vendor relationship
• Ability to act as a consultant and provide recommendations to the IT / Design Team.
• Ability to operate as independently or as part of collaborative effort
• Demonstrate strong project leadership and ability to develop strong working relationships with customer technical personnel.
• Proven track record of project delivery results.
• Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to apply them during business impacting incidents.
• Capable of mentor others and lead by example.
Please apply on our company website (www.artechinfo.com) with reference to job ID, or contact me at Pradeep.V@artechinfo.com / 973.507.7539
Team Lead – Staffing
Artech Information Systems LLC
360 Mt. Kemble Avenue, Suite 2000 | Morristown, NJ 07960
Office: 973.507.7539 | Fax: 973.998.2599
Email: Pradeep.V@artechinfo.com | Website: www.artechinfo.com
About Artech Information Systems LLC
Artech is an employer-of-choice for the last 25 years to over 7,500 consultants across the globe. We recruit top-notch talent for over 70 Fortune and Government clients coast-to-coast across the U.S., India, and China. We are #1 Largest Woman-Owned IT Staffing Firm in the US and this may be your opportunity to join us! For more check: www.artechinfo.com
Connect with Artech through Social Media
Learn more about our company including the latest events at Artech, new job opportunities, jobseeker tips, and more. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, and YouTube
Apply by creating/using account