Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Title: Biostat Programmer
Work Location: Woodcliff Lake, NJ
Length of Assignment: 6 Months
Position Type: Contract Role
Client: A Big Pharmaceutical Company
6 month initial w/ extension to full year plus
Neuroscience General Medicine
To support the Biostatistics team by carrying out programming activities of statistical programmers and overseeing external vendors (as required), and to ensure timely and accurate programming and validation activities for clinical studies. To contribute to the overall efficiency and
best practice of the Biostatistics group, and demonstrate the ability to work efficiently and to a high standard within a clinical team environment.
1. Providing statistical programming and validation support for clinical study reports, overseeing programming activities by external vendors (e.g., CROs) when necessary and coordinating programming activities among the study programmers to achieve timely progress in the following
areas: SDTM datasets, ADaM datasets, statistical tables, figures, listings,and other internal and external requests. Accessing and converting data to SAS from Database management system and PC file formats (e.g., MS Excel, text files). Working with external vendors in order to develop or monitor the content and structure of SAS data sets.
2. Working closely with statistician, and other statistical programmers to generate and QC TLG outputs; review data specifications to ensure accuracy, quality and soundness of statistical programming algorithm; coordinate internal resource utilization to generate activities metrics for management review.
3. Providing input in developing specifications of analysis datasets, validation plans, and other related documents, reviewing data submission package including define file, and data reviewer's guide documents.
4. Working independently to accomplish tasks and goals defined by supervisor, and bringing in new ideas to improve the programming process.
Qualifications and education required:
• Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related science discipline. Masters preferred.
• Minimum 6+ years experience in SAS programming for phase I-IV clinical trials in a pharmaceutical/CRO environment. FDA submission experience preferred.
• Some project experience in a pharmaceutical/CRO programming environment or demonstrated leadership in a clinical pharmaceutical/CRO environment.
Submission experience a plus.
Skills and aptitude required:
• Experience using SAS-Base, MACRO, STAT, GRAPH, ACCESS, MS Office.
• Experience in CDISC data standards, e.g. SDTM and ADaM
• Proven experience with Unix and Windows operating systems.
• Understanding of the software development life cycle.
• Understanding of FDA guidelines.
• Good organization, time management and attention to detail skills needed to work in a stressful environment under tight deadlines while maintaining focus on details and quality.
• Applies good judgment and demonstrates initiative to resolve issues.
• Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills needed to work effectively in a team environment, managing that team as required.
Interested candidates can share their most updated resume at email@example.com or they can reach out to me on #973-967-3412
Apply by creating/using an account