Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Data Modeler / Architect
· Contribute to Data Architecture by providing ongoing analysis of enterprise data stores to ensure the overall architecture remains appropriate and optimal for current and planned usage.
· Working with our IQVIA Global Data Model and/or other Data Models (i.e. OMOP) and mapping/transforming data to these models and devising approaches to speed up this data transformation (i.e. profiling, auto matching/bridging, Machine Learning associations/classifications, etc).
· Participate in requirements gathering, technical specifications, architectural design and support development as it relates to database design, access and utilization.
· Contribute to the overall direction relative to systems of record and how data compliance, governance and regulations affect the handling of data among applications and the overall design recommendations.
· Serve as a resource to less experienced team members on escalated issues and as a training resource on understanding and handling the company's data
· Receive complex work problems/questions, develop accurate estimates and create project and component work based on specifications. Understand SQL code of medium to high complexity in support of these activities and provide direction to others on how to handle the question going forward.
Technical Skills and Qualifications:
· Bachelor's degree; Graduate degree in Information, Computer and /or Pharma Science is a plus
· Experience with data modeling tools, specifically ERwin (required)
· Experience with Hadoop ecosystem (Hadoop, Hive, Impala, HBase, MapReduce/Yarn, etc)
· 5+ years strong native SQL skills
· 5+ years strong experience in database and data warehousing concepts and techniques. Must understand: relational and dimensional modeling, star/snowflake schema design, BI, Data Warehouse operating environments and related technologies, and ETL, MDM, and data governance practices.
· 5+ years of experience in Linux environments
· 5+ years strong programming and system administration skills
· 1+ years working with development lifecycle tools, such as, Jira, Jenkins, Git, other DevOps tools
· Familiarity with Object Oriented concepts and languages, such as Java
· Familiarity with Functional programming concepts and languages, such as Scala
· Experience applying Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment methodologies
· Experience with unit testing frameworks and/or test driven development
· 1+ years working with Data Virtualization tools
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, team oriented environment
· Ability to complete the full lifecycle of software development and deliver on time
· Ability to work with end-users to gather requirements and convert them to working documents
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including a positive, solution-oriented attitude
· Must be passionate, flexible and innovative in utilizing the tools, their experience, and any other resources, to effectively deliver to very challenging and always changing business requirements with continuous success
· Must be able to interface with various solution/business areas to understand the requirements and prepare documentation to support development
· Experience with the following is a plus: Liquibase,Jboss Administration, building and supporting containers with Docker, Kubernetes or Mesosphere
· Healthcare experience is a plus
Apply by creating/using an account