Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Sr. Engineer, DevOps
Address: 222 N Sepulveda Blvd, El Segundo, CA 90245
The ideal candidates are fluent in systems programming and/or automation and can leverage their experience to solve complex problems associated with running production environments at massive scale in multi-tenant environments.
Summary of Responsibilities
• Automate CI and CD processes of applications.
• Automate builds for .NET, Java, Node, Gulp, SQL Dacpac.
• Integrate builds with Unit Tests, Security Scans, Audits and Metrics.
• Apply best practices to builds such as application versioning and packaging, such as MSI package, Docker, etc.
• Apply best practices over Source Control tools such as Github and Team Foundation Server.
• Automate seamless orchestration of the deployment process using Jenkins and TFS Release Manager.
• Define non-functional requirements as part of the product lifecycle to influence the new designs, standards, and methods for scalable, highly available distributed systems.
• Contribute to product development / engineering as needed to ensure Quality of Service of Highly Available services. • Develop complex data driven, manage automation scripts and framework to support code drops in various environments to support development, test and build deployment teams.
• Executes, updates and maintains existing test automation frameworks, solutions and test scripts. • Plans, builds and designs new automation to support new builds and release of the code. • Produces clear and meaningful automated reports to provide test results for each execution • Collaborates with the Automation Staff Engineer and other team members to continuously refactor and improve automation framework for reusability and speed.
• Works closely with Developers, QA and other project team members to analyze test results, locate problems, identify root causes and develop solutions • Is proactive in following up with developers on open defects.
• Familiar with using source control software and methodologies, bug reporting software and Virtual Machines. • May require off-peak hours to meet commitments.
• Coding and Automation of Applications on Cloud Platform is a plus. • Coding of infrastructure as code is a plus.
• Computer Science Degree or equivalent from a fully-accredited college or university.
• 5+ years' experience working as a dedicated DevOps or Software Configuration Management or Build Master. • Demonstrated knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC). • Ability to effectively communicate relevant project information with coworkers, peers, and management through written and verbal communication. • Ability to communicate and effectively collaborate with internal departments and other outside parties in a professional manner.
• Fluency with at least one current generation scripting language used by DevOps professionals (Powershell, Python, Perl, PHP, Ruby) + Java Development and/or .NET.
• Excellent troubleshooter, utilizing a systematic problem-solving approach spanning code, systems, and network theory & protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP) ability to read a packet capture/tcpdump, etc.
• Demonstrated experience in designing, analyzing, and diagnosing large-scale distributed systems + Windows Server and/or Linux systems internals (system libraries, file systems, client-server protocols) • Experience operating on AWS (both PaaS and IaaS offerings)
• Experience in both Windows (2k8R2+) and Linux (centos) + Security triage & forensic analysis
• Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery concepts, nice to have is Infrastructure as code utilizing tools like Terraform, Cloudformation and SaltStack
• Nice to have familiarity with Containerization concepts like Docker, and PaaS services on AWS. • Nice to have experience with elastically scalable, fault tolerance and other cloud architecture patterns
Apply by creating/using an account