Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Manager Notes: We are looking for a senior resource that is experienced with all levels of Data Architecture. Candidates will need to be practiced with both the practical application of data architecture as well
as the higher level theoretical design aspects… They may for example need to demonstrate the practical application of the theoretical design. The number of projects are team is working will require the
candidate to interact with a wide variety of technical roles, skill levels and delivery methodologies.
Required Skills: Candidates must have the following:
#1 - 10 years business experience with diverse operational, development, and technology roles and 3 years' experience in Big Data technologies (Hadoop) and modeling practices
#2 - Experience as a Big Data architect with experience in Hadoop Technologies and knowledgeable of Data Models
#3 – Candidates must have prior experience with a variety of delivery methodologies (Agile is most frequent, but other project may follow a waterfall methodology)
Preferred Skills/Experience Note: Ability to work with multiple groups with varying technical capabilities, on-site and remote resources and experience in Agile development
Travel Requirements: This position is local to Hopkins. Travel is not required.
Interview Process: The initial interview will be onsite with the manager
Bill Rate: Please submit candidates at a Best Market Rate
FTE Salary: Not Applicable
Questions: Please contact the onsite DAHL program team with any questions
The Data Technical Architect role brings a technical perspective and skill in logical data modeling, physical data modeling, data policies development, quality assurance, big data warehousing, data querying
languages, tools and techniques. This role works with the Business, other Architects, Enterprise Data lead, and System Analysts to fully translate business requirements into Conceptual, Logical and Physical
models. Provides technical oversight to others resolving complex and severe technical issues.
• Work cross functionally with Business/Functions, Architects, Enterprise Data lead, Applications Architects, and System Analysts to fully translate business requirements into Conceptual, Logical and
• Provide guidance and architectural oversight during solution fit, requirements, and design to ensure that the end to end solution remains aligned to the Technical applications strategy and target
• Work across Cargill Data Platform technology areas to identify and resolve complex and high-impact issues related to the inter-dependencies between systems on major projects.
• Provide consultation and recommendations for business capabilities, business process design, business
intelligence design, and/or interfaces during the design and ongoing care of solutions.
• Manage adherence to defined standards throughout the design, development and implementation processes for the Cargill Data Platform (Hadoop) Landscape.
• Review new projects and architecture solutions, ensuring they are aligned with the Cargill Data platform
architecture and meet financial targets.
• Demonstrate deep knowledge of a wide variety of Big Data technology disciplines.
• Provides technical oversight to Data Engineers resolving complex and severe technical issues
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or Management Information Systems; OR equivalent experience
• 10 years business experience with diverse operational, development, and technology roles
• 3 years' experience in Big Data technologies (Hadoop) and modeling practices
• Experience as a Big Data architect with experience in Hadoop Technologies and knowledgeable of Data Models
• Experience leading technology projects in developing integrated solutions involving process, data, and
• Business fluency in English
• Strong strategic thinking, prioritization, and problem solving skills in ambiguous and changing environments
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Apply by creating/using an account