Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Skills Required: Yrs.
» Agile 4-6 Yrs
» Embedded LINUX systems using C language 4-6 Yrs
» Embedded micro-processor experience 4-6 Yrs
» Highly motivated and independently driven 4-6 Yrs
» LINUX BSP 4-6 Yrs
» Video/DVR systems 4-6 Yrs
At we're passionate about our people, our customers, our culture and especially our technology. Come join us and help build the technology that will define the future of fleet mobility solutions.
Our feature-rich product suite will give you the opportunity to integrate with the Internet of Things by using the latest technologies for communication development and device research. Our culture of innovation will allow you to be part of building the creative solutions that make us leaders in the industry and in technology.
Client is embedded development group is seeking an Embedded Software Engineer with strong embedded systems experience to join a DVR system development team. Client is a growing company providing fleet mobility technology for North America's transportation industry. We focus on innovative products creating the next-generation standard in technology-driven fleet performance and decision-making management. The company provides a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, in addition to the satisfaction of working with an industry leader.
This position requires advanced design experience for pseudo-real-time embedded systems. You will be part of a core design group responsible for design and implementation of an embedded multi-channel DVR system. The system will run on embedded LINUX using an Ambarella A12S Sports and Flying Camera Processor. System requirements include multi-channel continuous video capture, video snapshot extraction, single audio channel support, wireless communications (LTE & WiFi), GPS processing, USB OTG, secure communications (X.509 certificates/TLS/SSL/HTTPS), REST API, remote configuration/diagnostics, data compression, JSON and interaction with the AWS cloud.
• Develop software in a LINUX environment using C, HTTP, REST APIs, JSON
• Produce design and architectural documentation for the project
• Lead architectural reviews for DVR product
• Work with Product Owners and Systems Engineers to validate systems requirements
• Decompose system requirements into user stories
• Participate in Agile Scrum product planning and management activities
• Ensure work-product is of high quality through best practices such as requirements reviews, personal and peer code reviews, static analysis, and testing
• Evaluate and select tools
• Highly motivated and independently driven, yet works well with team
• Anticipates inter-team dependencies
• Acts as architect and primary contributor for the project
• Innovates solutions during refinement and leads conversations around them
• Works as subject matter expert in embedded LINUXD systems
• BS in CS, CE, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of experience as an embedded software engineer developing commercial applications on embedded LINUX systems using C language
• Video systems/DVR experience
• Architectural design experience for embedded LINUX systems
• Embedded micro-processor experience: ARM Cortex-A9
• Expert in iterative software development processes
• 3+ years of experience leading a project focused development effort
• Experience using Ambarella A12S Processor
• LINUX BSP experience
• LINUX kernel configuration experience
• Experience with REST API design
• Experience in Video/DVR systems
• Knowledge of Electrical Engineering and embedded systems
• Demonstrates technical leadership
• Demonstrates project ownership - ability to see a project through to completion
• Implementation experience developing encrypted communications with AWS
• Tuning and measuring video image quality and data compression tradeoffs
Apply by creating/using an account