Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Title: IT - Network | Telecomm lead
Work Location: Pleasanton, CA
Duration- 6 months
Job Description –
Network and Telecom Lead - Store Support - Key Requirements
• Lead a team of Network and Telecom Engineers in technical approach, network tools recommendations, problem solving, workload management and accountable for execution delivery.
• Excellent working knowledge of Agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum,
• Develop, operate and support the Store Network infrastructure for GAP Brand store technology services.
• Responsible for a 24x7 network environment where uptime, response and repair are critical to ensuring store systems and services are available at all times.
• Ensure that all processes, procedures and escalation points have been implemented and followed.
• Interface with other networking and operations teams, internally and externally to GAP, and be directly engaged with developing short-term project plans to align with long-term goals and priorities of IT Infrastructure and Engineering.
• Proactively monitor all network and Telecom infrastructure and services.
• Partner with Architects, Engineers and Operations individuals across a variety of service and infrastructure organizations to resolve issues, provide technical feedback, and contribute to overall architecture direction.
• Partner with Server and Application owners to ensure their applications have similar degrees of redundancy, resiliency and failover capability on the Store Network infrastructure.
• Identify research, evaluate and recommend best practice network operations based run books, knowledge, and training.
• Participate in a tiered support model for highly impacting network related issues and events, coordinate with venders/partners on escalations and support.
• Partner with InfoSec to ensure PCI compliance best practices and implemented.
Technical Skills –
• BS in Computer Science or related Engineering Discipline
• 6+ years of experience in operational hands on experience in highly scalable and availability footprints across various network technologies and distributed systems environment
• Have experience in large Retail, ISP and/or Content Service Provider environments
• Able to handle multiple, complex projects and incidents simultaneously
• Must have implementation and operational experience with; Enterprise/carrier-class routers, switches and firewalls: Juniper, Cisco, Viptela, Juniper SRX, Meraki
• Must have experience in network security features (ACLs, VPN, L2VPN, L3VPN, IPSEC, GRE) with a focus on Cisco, Juniper and Netscreen platforms.
• Experience and operational familiarity on BGP, OSPF, OMP and other network routing protocols.
• Must have knowledge of network switching protocols: STP, 802.1[q,s,w], 802.3ae
• Familiarity with Unix especially in respect to networking Familiarity with developing tools in scripting e.g perl, shell, python, expect, etc.
• Understand the rigors of operating a global, 24x7x365 large scale network, and will act as a tiered support for high-severity and business impacting issues.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
• High degree of initiative, dependability and the ability to work with little supervision.
• Exceptional written and communication skills are a must.
• Creative problem solving abilities
• Experience with F5 load balancer, enterprise wide wireless networking technologies, Software Defined Networking and WAN architecture
• Skilled in Software Defined Networks and capabilities to manage and monitor the network at scale.
• Ensure relevant alerts are configured for all Network devices/site
• Ensure monitoring dashboards for capacity and performance management - per site
• Apply standardized configuration to each Network device (for e.g. SNMP, syslog, NTP and Authentication).
• Has good understating of Avaya IP telephony and VOIP terminologies/technologies like H.323, H.248, SIP, Client's, T1 and E1 concepts.
• Has good understanding of ITIL process and can lead/supervise Incident, Problem and Change management.
• Experience working in Agile/Scrum environment leveraging tools such as Jira and Service Now.
• Familiarity with ITIL.
Is Skype/WebEx interview OK? Ok
Minimum years of experience: 7+ yrs
Apply by creating/using an account