Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Title: IT Assets Manager
Location: Tempe, AZ
Duration: Long term contract
The IT Asset Manager is responsible for:
Providing Information Technology Asset and Configuration Management technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments.
Establishes goals and plans that meet asset and configuration management deliverables. Has domain and expert technical knowledge of Configuration Management Databases.
IT Asset Manager changes in Job Description: IT Asset and Configuration Management
1) Weightage to be given to skillsets for this role:
a. 10-15 % Service Now
b. 60 % Asset Management
c. 20-25 % Configuration Management
2) Manage and Maintain the systems of records, for eg. Inventory management records
3) ITIL and Service Now Experience. Also working on platforms like Science logic
4) SACM – Service Asset and Configuration Management
5) Will be working closely with Finance, Procurement, HR and other LOB's
6) Hands On person, no team to manage
7) Manage Asset Repository, Performance Analytics (Process Adherence)
· Develop and maintain account standards and procedures to ensure that configuration management controls are capable of supporting deployment activities and implementations to meet business needs.
· Decompose configuration items into appropriate configuration units for the specific project or task. Identify problem issues and recommends solutions as appropriate.
· Ensure version control integrity for software and non-software components by reviewing account requirements.
· Establish approach for resolving discrepancies to ensure requirements are met. Implement solutions as necessary, to ensure that problems are resolved.
· Perform audits according to the asset management and configuration management plans.
· Implement baselines that are established and approved by the appropriate control board.
· Recommend and implement suggestions as appropriate. Coordinate audit requests to ensure data compliance.
· Develop initial technical installation guidelines and other documentation of hardware and software standards to facilitate tracking. Maintain relationships with customers and support personnel in understanding product configuration.
· Perform daily and long-term operational and strategic management of hardware and software assets.
· Plan, monitor, and record hardware assets and/or software licenses to make sure they comply with vendor contracts in the system of records
· Apply a continuous improvement approach in enhancing the strategies employed in technology spending, as well as in tracking company assets within the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) throughout their lifecycle
· Ensure effective management of the CMDB and that the content contained is accurate
· Provide KPI/Metric information and standardized reporting on a scheduled basis together with unscheduled reporting demanded by management. Meet all Asset Management Service Level Agreements (SLAs) as defined.
· Define and enhance scheme for identifying hardware and software-related assets as well as CIs, including versioning and dependencies in the asset management tools, attributes, the Contract management library, and the CMDB
· Manage inventory of CIs and assets, including dependencies and attributes), making sure that modifications, withdrawals, and additions of existing ones are correctly recorded by the teams in charge in the tools to ensure that the vendor contracts are complied with
· Responsible for managing lifecycle of hardware and software models right from their introduction to their retirement
· Generate and distribute various reports, including compliance reports on current assets and CIs and their status; also perform trend analyses
· Perform verification and audit of CMDB content; verify software assets with license contracts, confirm hardware assets with actual inventory, and initiate corrective actions and tract them
· Ensure process efficiency by implementing the key performance indicators; suggest improvements to the process continuously
· Design processes relating to software and hardware asset management, execute and enhance them
· Establish and maintain documentation of procedures, processes, and reports concerning asset and configuration management
· Take part in other ITSM processes, or as required perform as a back up to maintain operational activities
· Create and execute governance and strategic asset management function
· Collaborate with infrastructure teams to determine trends in asset performance
· Perform research on industry best practice and incorporate it with organizational practices
· Establish and maintain hardware and software maintenance database (CMDB).
· Responsible for ensuring hardware and software assets and their configurations are known, recorded and accessible on an as needed basis
· Oversees the analysis of complex engineering change proposals to determine the effect on the network.
· Ensures configuration identification by reviewing design release documents for completeness, proper authorizations, and system updates.
· Monitors subcontractors and vendors to ensure that the applications of SVB's standards and requirements for the statement of work are properly implemented.
· Oversees design reviews, audits, scheduling, logistics management, budgeting, etc.
· Oversees the development and implementation of computer based configuration/data management systems and related support.
· The Asset and Configuration Manager will have the responsibility for overall tracking and control of configuration items and assets ensuring changes are assessed, approved, and implemented in a controlled manner in order to maintain the integrity of all identified configuration items (CIs) throughout it's life cycle providing operational compliance and cost visibility.
· The Asset and Configuration Manager will have oversight of all asset and configuration management activities for SVB, ensuring Asset Management related service level agreement (SLA) and key performance indicators (KPI) are achieved.
· Serve as the primary interface for all asset and configuration management activities for SVB.
· Lead the development, implementation, and compliance with Asset, Change and Configuration Management Plans.
· Lead the performance of on-site inspections to validate inventory.
· Establish, maintain, and promulgate change schedules containing details of the approved changes and their proposed deployment dates.
· Establish and maintain a Configuration Management Database (CMDB) to record, track and report the status of DON CIs and modifications.
· Provide direction for developing Request for Change (RFC) protocol for all changes.
· Maintain and manages the CMDB to ensure Department of Navy (DON) configuration items (CIs) and associated modified are properly recorded, tracked and status reported within the CMDB.
· Maintain and updates the Technical Baselines and associated Integrated Architecture Products.
· Provide direction and guidance on the required process for achieving Asset Management related SLR's and KPI's.
· Perform annual configuration audits to validate the system is accurately represented in the DON Next Generation (NGEN) Technical Baselines, Integrated Architecture Products, and design and installation documentation.
· Demonstrated Asset and Configuration Management experience in support of a large-scale enterprise.
· Demonstrated experience in the planning, developing, and execution of asset and configuration management process in compliance with Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) and Information Technology Information Library (ITIL) best practices.
· Experience with ITSM solutions such as BMC Remedy or Service Now.
· Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, or business administration, or in other related field.
· ITIL v3 Foundations Certified
· ITIL RCV Certified
· ITIL PPO Certified
· Strong knowledge and ten years plus experience working with a CMDB and the specific business services that it supports
· Strong knowledge of IT software and hardware
· Five years or more ITSM tool experience, as well as ServiceNow experience
· Proven ability and experience in executing strategic asset management processes successfully
· Strong vendor management and negotiation skills
· Strong knowledge of IT Service Management processes, as well as experience with Discovery tool
· Strong ability to carry out assigned tasks independently with little supervision
· Excellent at performing multiple tasks at the same time without erring
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Apply by creating/using an account