Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Junior Mobile QA
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Interview mode: Skype
Positions to fill: 4;
Rate: $55-60/hr. on C2C
Software Development Engineers in Test (SDET's) are a special breed of quality fanatics who use their toolbox of technical talent to automate and scale their testing efforts. When faced with any task, their first reaction is to find an engineering solution. Married to this is a deep knowledge of quality, understanding the test coverage requirements and going beyond them. SDET's are held to the engineering standards of the developers and simultaneously the quality standards of dedicated QA staff
Software Development Engineers in Test (SDET) at Clover will help us increase automation coverage and improve our existing automation frameworks. This includes identifying current gaps, if needed - designing a solution, and executing it. The candidate should be familiar with testing concepts and automation tools on Android.
This person will support engineers by designing and maintaining cutting-edge automation systems to ensure we deploy code with amazing quality and speed.
· Develop test automation plan by collaborating with the manual testing team using Zephyr (jira). Work on other non-functional quality attributes, like performance, reliability, and security
· Develop automated tests with the appropriate technologies. Currently, we are using "UI Automator”(Java) for Android apps. SDET's will spend most of the time automating test scenarios for android apps
· Provide the Squad and all stakeholders with clear and real-time updates regarding test status, bug status, and overall quality about the product by monitoring failures, reporting bugs, analyzing & triaging automated tests running in the continuous Integration system
· Work side-by-side with the development team on testing in parallel and automating tests in our sprints
· Design and implement tools that improve efficiency in manual testing
· Research new or better alternate automated testing tools
· Help maintain systems to monitor test stability and report stability issues back to engineers
· Keep a learning mindset - look for opportunities to continuously improve yourself, our products, and the practices that we use to build our products
· A minimum of 2+ years of experience in writing reliable and maintainable automated tests
· An eagle-eye for test coverage gaps, false positives or negatives and proficiency in black box, functional, and user flow testing techniques
· Experience working on the Android platform and a very good understanding of the mobile test automation ecosystem
· The ability to write and understand code - preferably in Java for the Android mobile platform
· Experience with software development tools (IDE, debugger, git, JIRA, etc)
· Novice-level shell scripting skills (commands like grep, cut, sed, sort, wget, etc.)
· Familiarity with JSON objects, SQL queries, data structures, Android tools (ADB, DDMS, Monkey, Memory Analyzer, etc.), log file analysis, etc.
· The passion to build tools that will enable the engineering team to write tests more easily
· The trait of constantly looking for better solutions to bring down automation flakiness and increase automation reliability, thinking ahead and building for future changes in an ever-changing mobile ecosystem
· Desire to automate everything and reduce the time required to manually test our products
· The willingness to work with other teams such as engineering, manual QA, product and release teams
Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science or other engineering discipline, or equivalent work experience.
Apply by creating/using an account