Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Working Job Title: IT Support Specialist Division: Information Technology
Job Summary: The role of the IT Support Specialist is to assist customers who are experiencing any procedural or operating difficulty with the use of DECAL equipment, program specific applications and methods, industry standard IT applications, products, or services. The IT Support specialist will work in a team that consist of multiple tiers of specialist who work on all facets of our customer's computer systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1) Provides technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to agency computer systems, software (e.g. Windows 7-10, Office Suite, various browsers), and hardware from users. Provides assistance in person, over the phone, by remote control, walk-ins, and desk side. Assist users with information security and privacy questions, provides direction for correct course of action. Supports and responds to 750 user's problems and 3000 devices in a timely fashion, demonstrating courtesy and respect with customers to ensure complete problem resolution and satisfaction through appropriate follow-up. Tracks all user incidents in the agency tracking system.
2) Distributes and reviews user equipment as required, updates inventory asset management systems with assigned equipment. Ensures equipment is clean, up to date and operational. Provides installation and assistance for laptops, desktops, printers, scanners, cell phones, air cards, and other assigned peripherals.
3) Troubleshoots desktop and network printing problems for various vendor printing devices. Resolves issues submitted from the IT Support Telecom admin; escalates issues to the Systems Administrator when necessary. Places support calls through online problem tracking system for each vendor's printers/copiers to include Client, Dell, Canon, Gordon, Telecommunication, Lenovo, and others. Tracks problems in tracking system, ensuring vendor support and follows through until problem is rectified.
4) Understanding and operational knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and applications, security software, Microsoft Office applications, various browsers, Go To Meeting, and agency applications.
5) Provides assistance to users on various vendor wireless networks. Understanding of home wireless networks and router setups. Supports telecommunication devices and services.
6) Image systems with proper OS and application build on desktop and laptop computers. Support agency proprietary client and web applications in use by agency programs.
7) Must be able to multi-task, prioritize problems, and manage time to ensure timely resolution of responsibilities. The individual will work in a team environment and has responsibility for IT support tickets and demonstrates an ability to communicate with agency personnel beyond providing and receiving instructions. Can coincide with other co-workers or peers without exhibiting behavioral extremes. Performs work activities requiring negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking to others; and respond appropriately to constructive criticism from a supervisor. The ability to perform work unsupervised, make certain decisions independently and understand appropriate timing to escalate problems.
Distributes user requests to other IT support specialist when high call volume or work is at peak levels. This position occasionally requires evening and weekend work.
Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
Technical Competencies: Knowledge of TCP/IP, wireless communications, LAN Speeds and general problems, Good knowledge of DHCP, DNS, and WINS. Microsoft Operating Systems, Office Applications, and browsers. Understanding functionality of laptops, desktops, printers, and scanners.
High School Diploma or GED and Six months' experience as an IT support specialist.
Analytical and problem-solving skills.
The position requires experience in hardware, software, and networking troubleshooting.
Customer service training and/or experience are beneficial and highly desirable.
Must maintain confidentiality.
Ability to meet deadlines.
Excellent written and verbal communications.
Associate Degree from an accredited college/university in Information Systems or equivalent field and 2 years' experience as an IT support specialist. Strong aptitude in OS repairs, spy ware and virus removal, hardware, upgrades and troubleshooting.
Knowledge of Active Directory and Microsoft OS system repair and operations; service configurations; registry operations, updates, modifications; scripting language and automation.
Apply by creating/using an account