Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
fundamental Components & Physical Requirements include but are not limited to
(* denotes essential functions)
• Contributes to the delivery and support of QA services through adherence to the APLC and QA process methodology; identifies process deviations for correction or process improvement opportunities and works with appropriate areas to define and implement. (*)
• Supports the QA Business Consultant by participating/providing input during requirements and specification walkthroughs; contributing to the development of the test plan; contributing to the development of project and release Master Test Strategy documents; assisting in the preparation of test estimates and project schedules. (*)
• Participates in test plan/test case/test script walkthroughs to understand testing to be accomplished and suggest changes, efficiencies within or between projects. (*)
• Works with QA Business Consultants to provide input into project, release data needs; assists QA Business Consultants in keeping regression test bed up-to-date by identifying test cases to be included in the next run at the end of each release. (*)
• May be focal point to the QA Project Manager for status, issues and metrics; responsible for escalating project, release items (issues, concerns, defects) to QA Project Manager and for communicating own issues, developing options to mitigate negative impacts to release schedule; assists the QA Project Manager in understanding impacts of issues in other areas on own area of testing.
• Defines, develops, and maintains test scripts. (*)
• Independently executes test plans and test scripts. (*)
• Independently validates results of test execution and actual vs. expected results. (*)
• Records and tracks defects uncovered during the execution of tests. Actively participates in resolution; proposes and designs retest cases/scripts/data to retest defects; represents the QA organization at project to discuss status, defects for responsible area, assess impacts and provide input into schedule revisions at both project and release level. (*)
• Proactively manages to assigned schedule and reports status against plan; may oversee the work of assigned team members on all applications involved in a project or projects; ability to understand and relate project issues to release impacts and to define options that sustain the testing schedule. (*)
• Proactively escalates issues, problems, status to the QA Project Manager and alerts/communicates with team on items of impact to ensure adherence to QA test schedule. Actively participates in meetings to address research options and define best approach. (*)
• Ensures timely and accurate entry of status, defect information and metrics to facilitate accurate/timely QA reporting at release level. (*)
• May participate in QA production certification tasks.
• Identifies automation opportunities and implements on future project/release testing. May be asked to run automation and validate actual against expected results. (*)
• Utilizes tools and methodologies to improve individual/team effectiveness and to increase efficiencies in the QA process. (*)
• Provides cross training of application/technical knowledge to other individuals within the QA organization based on the PDM development plan. (*)
• Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
• Secondary Responsibilities- Provide expertise on one or more applications or technologies to support project teams.
• May be requested to provide estimates for testing efforts utilizing the QA estimate template and maintains those estimates using the proper QA tools.
• May be requested to contribute to defining, developing, and maintaining the test case inventory, requirements traceability matrix, and test plan over the life of the release.
• May be requested to identify and request appropriate data based on testing requirements and types of tests to execute.
• Exhibits the following QA Analyst Behaviors
Apply by creating/using an account