Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Sr. Software Engineer – Test Automation
Location – San Francisco CA
Duration – long term
Interview – phone/skype
Client - Macys
Looking for a QE with strong Java skills
Will work with Selenium and Cucumber and use Java for QE Automation
Ideal candidates will have 7+ years of experience and demonstrate strong understanding of hardcore java
Senior Software Engineer, Test Automation is a Java/ J2EE test automation development position within the core team that provides application support for Macy's mission critical applications such as online eCommerce website, Mobile Web Commerce, and eCommerce Mobile Apps.
This position involves 80% automation development/ analysis, testing activities for the Support Fast Track project, core-automation projects and the remainder on rapid response production support application validation activities. Person should have a strong mindset for automated regression testing and should be able to write Java test scripts, Cucumber Feature File and Step Definition in Java; execute test cases in Java framework; maintain documentation of results; and work closely with software development engineers to resolve discrepancies.
As part of the test automation function, the overall focus is on product quality. This position requires an individual who is creative, team player, quick learner and driven to produce results. Perform other duties as assigned.
* Gather, analyze requirements; design, implement, unit test automation code in Java framework.
* Participate in the full SDLC, iterative development; estimate the QE/ automation work on projects.
* Develop feature files, test scripts for automation and prepare test reports.
* Facilitate defect triage process and help in resolving release/project issues.
* Participate in technical discussions within QE team as well as with other groups associated with assigned projects; collaborate with the users/customers of the automation framework.
* Work on additional automation tasks and responsibilities as assigned that will contribute towards team, department, and company goals.
* Participate and drive the decision making process on the automation design and development front.
* Demonstrate Agile Kanban style approach with analysis and testing, automation development while handling priority on multiple support tickets and enhancements requests.
* Knowledge of web architecture & experience working on responsive web projects/ applications.
* Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
* BS degree in Computer Science/ related Engineering with 6 years of related work experience or MS degree in Computer Science/ related Engineering with 4 years of related work experience.
* 6 years of experience in Quality Engineering space including 4 years in Test Automation.
* 4 years of hands-on experience in Java/ J2EE development, testing APIs and Web Services - SOAP, REST Services; JSON, XML Request, SQL, schema design.
* 3 years' experience in Selenium Web Driver, Xpath, Cucumber Feature File and Java Step Definitions, Junit/TestNG, QTP, etc is desirable.
* 2 year experience in Ruby Development experience is a big plus.
* 3 years of experience with Eclipse, Ant, Maven, Spring, Git/ SVN is desired.
* Experience in Agile SDLC, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Deployment is desirable.
* Good communication skills is a must.
* Strong analytical/ problem solving skills.
* Ability to multi-task.
* Ability and desire to strive in a proactive, high pressure, customer-facing environment.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
Apply by creating/using an account