Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Position – Senior Application Security Engineer IV
Location – Downtown Chicago IL
Duration – long term contract .
Interview mode – phone/Skype
Rate – best in market
Functions with the high degree of autonomy; generally requires little or no guidance
Involved in complex solutions Primary Function: The Security Engineer is involved in the full systems life cycle and responsible for designing, coding, configuring, testing, implementing and supporting security specific platforms and measures. They design and implement security systems in order to protect enterprise assets. They monitor and safeguard security controls and measures, serve as escalated support for information security incidents, and proactively help to resolve any security related issues.
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities:
· Physical Design Coding
· Configuration & Customization
· Automated Unit & Integration Tests
· Task-level estimation
· Hardware & Software Evaluations
· Security standards and practices
· System and Network Hardening
· Escalated support Business
· Monitoring networks and systems
· Penetration testing
· Incident response activities
· Security education
· Application Performance
Agile SDLC Key Activities:
· Security standards and practices: o Enforces security standards and practices; including secure coding practices. Creates new ways of solving existing production security issues.
· System and Network Hardening: o Negotiating, recommending, and enforcing usage of appropriate software to harden data and network systems · Escalated support: o Leads Level 2 and Level 3 support to address complex security issues.
· Monitoring networks and systems: o Defines strategy for monitoring and reporting on security breaches or intrusions to any system. Works closely with management on communication of breaches and intrusions.
· Penetration testing o Defines strategy and ensures proper penetration testing is executed. Creates new ways of penetrating networks and software. Tracks resolution of issues.
· Incident response activities: o Defines best practices of response activities. Leads activities across organization. Leads investigate into how breaches happen. Reports findings to management.
· Security education: o Writing education for staff members on information security through. Lead on training and awareness across the organization.
· Communication: o Able to convey highly technical details to business stakeholders in non-technical fashion.
· SOWs: o Authors SOW's and contracts with vendors to solve particular solutions.
· Develops Applications: o Designs and develops optimal system solutions to meet business needs
· Application Performance: o Creation of reusable components and other performance-enhancing techniques. Creates monitoring reports on performance
· Provides application support training: o To analysis, testing and production support (in some cases) team members
· System Documentation: o Writes and reviews documentation for accuracy
· System leader (technical or configuration): o Recognized as a leader in at least two disciplines and/or areas
· Hardware and software evaluations: o Performs hardware & software evaluations
· Task-level estimation: o Provides and mentors
· Agile SDLC: o Coaches & executes agile SDLC. Participates in Initiate and Plan phases
· Automated Unit testing: o Assist in defining TDD best practices.
Writing and executing automated unit and integration testing.
Years of Experience:
· 5-8+ years infrastructure experience
· 7+ years IT industry experience Requirements:
· Strong grasp of automation tools and DevOps concepts
· Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
· Experience in multiple IT disciplines
· Strong business acumen
Apply by creating/using an account