Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Scope of work:
This is an hourly position that reports to the Manager of the Guest Services Information Technology Product Team at Royal Caribbean. The role is described as techo-functional meaning the individual is required to perform various functions inclusive of business analysis and Quality Assurance while maintaining a low level technical understanding of a system. This role will operate within a product team.
1. Exhibit subject matter expertise on the low level design of a product 2.
Understand the product's entire technology stack 3. Understanding relational database fundamentals and working knowledge of the product data model 4.
Understand the interdependencies between the product and other products within the enterprise 5. Analyze requirements and user stories to build seed data for a system 6. Configuration and testing of the product at the RCL headquarters staging environment 7. Supporting the end users through UAT cycles 8. Physical installation of the product in the vessels' production environments; travel approximately 25% 9. End user support during stabilization & operational support 10. Support of production like development & test lab environments 11. Create and maintain relevant product documentation
Secondarily, the position will be asked to support the lead within a product team tasked with innovation and release management, inclusive of:
1. Management of a product back log of defects and enhancements 2. Digesting requirements & user stories 3. Estimation of incoming technology requests and cost/benefit analysis 4. Context Definition and Solution Sketching 5.
Maintaining a relationship and driving a schedule with product vendors 6.
Execution and evolution of the product road map 7. Building test cases to evaluate nonfunctional requirements 8. Ensures there is accurate and current documentation of all existing and new products 9. 3rd Level Production Support 10. Stays abreast of trends in the marketplace to ensure the product's competitive position.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Excellent written and verbal communication 2. Adept at learning new Relational database models 3. Proficiency with MS Excel, including VLookup and Pivot tables, Reporting (Crystal preferred) and other database tools (Toad\SQL Developer) 4. Proficiency in generating complex SQL queries and scripts.
5. Demonstrate flexibility during times of change and ability to adjust to shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
6. Adept at independently conducting research and understanding when escalation to a manager is appropriate and escalating in a timely manner.
7. Ability to learn, understand and apply new technologies independently and with training.
8. Self-motivated and able to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
9. Sensitivity to an environment which may collect and maintain data relevant to GDPR, PCI, PII regulations.
10. Preferred Skills & Technology Experience:
a. Agile method: 1 year
b. Application Software Delivery Life Cycle, Implementation, and Support: 5 years c. Relational Databases & SQL: 5 years d. Server Operating Systems Windows & Linux: 5 years e. Product development: 5 years f. PC Operating Systems Windows 7 , Windows 8, & Windows 10: 5 years g. Mobile Operating Systems iOS, Android: 2 years h. Mobile device management with Ground Control and AirWatch in an on premises, Layer 3 network: 1 year 11.
Preferred Cruise & Hospitality Relevant Experience:
a. Crew management
b. Customer reservation management
c. Guest arrival/departure operations
d. Financial/Night Audit processes
e. Front desk operations
f. Governmental manifest regulations relative to cruise operations g.
Maritime safety processes h. Facilities management i. Customer issue resolution 12. Preferred Cruise Technology or Hospitality Technology Experience with the following applications:
a. Oracle Hospitality Cruise
i. Ship's Property Management System
iii. Fleet Management System
1) Reservation Distribution
2) Ships' data aggregation
3) Operational maintenance
Apply by creating/using an account