Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Role: Infrastructure Project Manager
Location: Palo Alto, CA
The Project Manager is directly accountable for the successful implementation of customer IT Infrastructure project(s) and is measured against the following success factors: Quality, Schedule, Budget and Customer's Satisfaction.
Position Responsibilities and Requirements:
· Leads the successful delivery of complex customer IT Infrastructure projects from planning, design to implementation.
· Manages the project from start to completion including the resolution of project risks and issues.
· Manages small to medium or a portion of larger, more complex customer IT Infrastructure projects.
· Provides leadership and management of the project team.
· Ensures project objectives and performance metrics are achieved.
· Ensures that project deliverable meet the required quality standards and are accepted by the customer.
· Responsible for the creation and updating of the project schedule and plan with financial, resource and material requirements.
· Responsible for regular customer and internal project status and project financial reporting.
· Responsible for organizing and leading project team and project governance team meetings.
· Accountable for the Project Budget.
· Participates in the preparation of proposals and agreements.
· Oversees project staff including project engineers, both on- and off-shore team, vendors, partners or subcontractors.
· Presents service business value to customers for new or existing business.
· Capturing key Lessons learnt and Best Practices which can be used to improve AS Service delivery performance
· Continuously focuses on project delivery excellence and high level of customer satisfaction.
· Build tight working relationship with CIS offshore delivery teams.
· Good business judgment, a comfortable, open communication style, and a willingness and ability to work with customers and teams.
· 10 or more years of IT experience.
· Minimum of 5 year experience as an IT Infrastructure Project Manager.
· Exposure and working level knowledge of working with and interfacing to global delivery teams
· Fluent in English
· Project Management experience in the deployment of IT Infrastructure technologies focused on Enterprise/Cloud- and EUC-Services.
· Completed formal Project Management training and certification.
· Conceptual knowledge of main IT Infrastructure components (server, storage, network, data, cloud, EUC and applications).
· Good understanding of project scoping and risk assessment techniques.
· Good negotiation, communication and presentation skills.
· An understanding of the legal issues with contracts.
· Typically requires 5+ years project management experience with IT Infrastructure projects.
· Project plan and schedule creation.
· Ability to balance multiple tasks.
· Ability to work independently.
Consulting skills required:
· Passionate, persuasive, articulate Infrastructure project management professional capable of quickly establishing interest and credibility in how to start and manage complex IT Infrastructure projects.
· Strong written, verbal and chalk board skills.
· Experience in working in Prince2 or PMI methodology managed projects.
· Experience in enterprise applications, solutions and data center infrastructures.
· Strong customer-interaction skills.
· Ability to quickly establish credibility and excitement with key customer personnel, as well as work collaboratively and in a hands-on manner with technical professionals.
· Degrees/Certifications Earned
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology
· PMI, Prince 2 of similar Project Management certification
· ITIL certification is a pre.
Apply by creating/using an account