Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Technical BA for Columbus, Ohio:
- You will serve as liaison between IT and business end-users.
- Identify, assess, and document business requirements, recommending business priorities, and advising business on
options, risks, and costs
- Identify and document use cases, use case diagrams, user stories / scenario design / use case diagrams
- Work with the business to analyze business requirements and review/produce specifications for any new/change to
- Work with the Technical Analyst and development team to ensure that they understand the specifications. This includes
acting as a liaison between our clients and tech team to document and translate functional specifications into technical
- Work with training team to document system scenarios and identify roles impacted and helps develop a change
- Attend meetings, document minutes / outcomes, track deliverables / action items to completion
- Conduct business process modeling and generate applicable scenarios for the technology functionality testing team.
- Conduct research to determine if solutions to business requirements currently exist within or outside the business unit,
and if not, whether new solutions are feasible.
- Analyze impact of proposed solution across the business, develop use cases to explain/demonstrate business
requirements/specifications to IT team, and contribute a business or process perspective during design reviews.
- Assist and work with Quality Assurance team to ensure that requirements documentation can be easily translated into
relevant test scenarios, test plans, and ensure that the proper testing plans have been completed.
- Work with Quality Assurance team to develop system integration test scripts and ensure the testing results correspond to
the business expectations.
- Facilitate implementation of new functionality through training sessions, demos, and the development of appropriate
documentation. Provide relevant test scenarios for the testing team.
- Perform data analysis as needed
- Prepare management reporting and presentations for all levels of Management relevant to current status, challenges or
areas of concern. Produce high-quality documentation and proficiency with tools such as Word, PowerPoint, MS-Project
- Represent team interests at internal meetings and working groups
- Participates in other business initiative / activities as requested
- Responds to requests from individual users.
- Anticipates problems and analyzes ways to mitigate the risk; Articulates the business value and impact of advanced
technical and non-technical information with ease and knows when to seek more experienced management assistance
- Projects excellent command of business knowledge and has the ability to solicit input from internal and external sources
- Serve as a positive leader and frequently providing feedback and strategic recommendations to management.
Qualifications - Internal
- Must have 6+ years of Information Technology experience in AML space. Preferably around Sanctions screening
- BA/BS in relevant Technology-related field (Computer Science, MIS, IS, EE, etc.)
- Experience writing SQL queries
- Demonstrated experience writing functional specifications
- Candidates must have exposure to very complex large scale projects/programs with a strong systems background
- Candidates must be able to handle juggling priorities with extremely tight time lines and with pressure coming from the
- Candidate needs to be highly client focused, develop strong client relationship, highly motivated, and hard working.
Ability to effectively work with a wide range of business units and technology, with colleagues at various levels of the
organization across multiple locations
- Must have strong problem solving and analytical skills with a proven ability to multi-task and successfully execute
complex technical problems.
- Prior experience in the financial industry with AML Compliance Surveillance will allow the prospective candidate to hit the
- Effective problem resolution skills - ability to analyze, resolve and / or escalate
- Experienced in conflict management - can negotiate and / or drive desired business outcomes
- Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, Visio, Powerpoint, SharePoint).
- Ability to organize/manage multiple priorities coupled with the flexibility to quickly adapt to ever-changing business
questions and needs
- Experience in all phases of systems development/project life cycle
- Detail-oriented coupled with the ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness
- Must possess the ability to work and research/resolve issues independently
- Strong organizational skills; ability to multi-task and prioritize; strong attention to detail; ability to work in a dynamic
- Ability to drive progress with very-little guidance and short turnaround times
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required
- Strong Background in Banking Industry - AML (Anti-Money Laundering); AML Certification Preferred
- Experience with AML Client Screening Domain
- Aptitude for understanding both the business and the technical specifics of that business
- Technical skills to aid in data analysis
Apply by creating/using an account