Job Description: Assembler
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Performs assembly of mechanical, electro-mechanical and electronic devices in a production environment to yield sub-assemblies or completed product.
- Additionally may support other areas as required such as packing, cleaning and material preparation.
- Under direction, works from interrelated manufacturing documents and verbal instructions to perform required tasks.
- Assembles close tolerance parts that may have unusual shapes and may require specialized joining techniques such as gluing, potting, pressing, soldering and spot welding.
- May perform adjustments and calibrations requiring the use of hand tools, small power tools, precision measuring devices and other specialized equipment including, but not limited to, arbor presses, vacuum test equipment, optical microscopes, electronic testing fixtures and digital multi-meters.
- Completes required paperwork according to established procedure
- Ability to take direction from lead and supervisor to complete assigned tasks with a high degree of quality and accuracy.
- Ability to communicate information clearly and directly to co-workers and supervisory personnel both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to utilize interpersonal and communication techniques, working in a team environment, and dealing with a wide variety of personalities and communication styles.
- Willingness to take on new responsibilities and challenges.
- Knowledge of 5S and lean concepts and the ability to support the achievement of department goals.
- Demonstrates a good attitude toward work and arrives on time for start of shift.
- Ability to read work instructions and procedures in English.
- Ability to follow written instructions in English.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedure manuals.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Constantly stand and walk throughout the workday.
- Frequently reach with hands and arms; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel material.
- Will be required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl on an occasional basis.
- Will require specific vision abilities that include close vision; distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- May be required to utilize a stereo microscope on a regular basis to perform assembly and/or inspection tasks.
- May be required to lift up to 65lbs periodically with assistance as needed.
- Will be required to handle and utilize various cleaning solvents on a routine basis.
- Will be required to handle and utilize to various adhesives and sealants on a routine basis.
- Will be required to handle and utilize liquid nitrogen on a periodic basis.
- Will be required to operate heat producing devices such as a soldering iron and convection oven.