Test Technician II
Duration: 6+ months with possibility of Extension
Location: 975 Pittsburgh Dr,Delaware, OH 43015
- Develop skills to conduct witness tests and/or assist Test Engineers conducting witness test.
- Perform functional testing of UPS modules.
- The position will be responsible for verifying conformance to all specified requirements. Duties include, but are not limited to, physical inspection and the
- functional inspection of electrical components, the operation of test bays/stations and associated equipment and troubleshooting and/or repairing faulty components.
- Must assess product evaluation against NEC and UL/CSA standards.
- Review order write-ups, operate components, ensure product quality, work with other areas to ensure quality, and verify units to meet agency approvals.
- Work with Test and Manufacturing Engineers on test equipment development. Coordinate the development and modifications of test work instructions.
- Configure and connect system equipment (switchgear, SCCT cabinets, and power ties), and perform preliminary inspection and tests.
- Must be or become Wiring Qualified and maintain the qualification as long as they are performing the duties in Power Testing. Position also requires safe work habits relative to high voltage equipment.
- Associates in the Power Test area must complete a thorough training program or demonstrate equivalent training/experience has been obtained. (Associate will be required to exhibit skills and knowledge of the position through a written and hands-on demonstration during and following the completion of the training program).
Must possess the following attributes:
- Must successfully pass the minimum aptitude test for the Power Test area indicating the required mechanical aptitude, basic mathematical skills, locating information, observation and the ability to learn to read and understand SFA transmittals and drawings. In addition, associates will be required to pass a basic AC/DC fundamentals test as well as a Safety Inventory Test with minimum scores that will enable them to be accepted into the Test Tech training program.
1) Ability to work with high voltage in the Power Test area.
2) Knowledge of single and 3-phase electrical circuits (high power), and knowledge of analog and digital electronic circuitry.
3) Ability to use standard electrical instruments.
4) Basic computer skills.
5) Ability to learn to use Software as appropriate.
6) Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
7) Excellent problem-solving skills.
Associate must maintain regular attendance and have the ability to work in a team environment.
Must be qualified and familiar with thorough operation and functionality of various 3-phase power products including UPS Single and Multi-modules. Must possess the skill and ability to test, troubleshoot, and repair high power products including any of the following UPS products – Single Module Units or Multi Module Units.
- Minimum associate in electrical engineering or equivalent.
- Other equivalent combinations of
- education and experience may be considered.