Software Engineer Senior
Software Engineer Senior
Dearborn, MI 48126
- The client Credit Technology & Software organization creates digital software products for dealers and customers to support client Credit's strategic goal to be the reason customers choose and stay with client .
- Senior Software Engineer for client Pro Insure will contribute to the development of new digital products for client Credit Commercial customers. Client Pro Insure will expand the one-stop shop of products and services offered by client Pro to commercial customers.
- Client Pro customers have come to expect a complete set of products and services that ensure their fleets are the most efficient and productive business tools they can be. Senior Software Engineer for client Pro Insure will ·
- Apply technology towards successful project implementation and ongoing support.
- Apply software skills to provide feedback on existing products and contribute to the design of new product features.
- Contribute towards development of intuitive and highly scalable services and applications.
- Work closely with other stakeholders & teams across client Credit This position reports to Engineering Manager of client Pro Insure.
- Key client Credit TSP Organization Facts · Over 1,000 global team members ·
- Spread across 8 locations: USA, Argentina, Brazil, United Kingdom, Spain, Germany, India, and China
QUALIFICATIONS Functional & Technical Skills
- Develops software and services in support of design, infrastructure, and technology platforms, including applications, utilities, databases, cloud-based and Internet-related tools.
- Provides feedback on existing product and contribute to the design of new product features.
- Builds entire features across all layers (database, services, and UI/UX).
- Supports responsive web and mobile applications that work across different screen sizes.
- Tests software development methodology in an agile environment.
- Provides ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
- Collaborates cross-functionally with business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices. ·
- Depending on size and complexity of project, may also be assigned to perform duties of project.
Required Work Experience:
- Knowledge in front end and backend software technologies · Experience working on cloud and digital platforms ·
- Experience with Lean and Agile methodologies & eXtreme Programming ·
- Experience collaborating with product managers, engineers, designers, and product owners · Proven ability to work closely with senior leadership ·
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to adapt your communication style to the audience · Ability to work collaboratively and navigate complex decision making in a rapidly changing environment.
- 7+ years of experience in application design and development experience in a cloud environment · Experience with one plus more Origami modules: Policy, Claims, and Billing, is needed. · Understanding and experience with Origami/DuckCreek/Guideware SaaS software is required. ·
- 4+ years of experience in coding REST/GraphQL services and APIs
- 2+ years of experience with Google Cloud Platform's APIGEE platform and API development experience through the entire Software Development Lifecycle Process
- GraphQL experience preferred
- Knowledge & Experience building scalable, resilient, and fault tolerant applications in public/private cloud infrastructures
- Understanding of test automation leveraging testing tools such as Cypress, Newman Postman, Selenium, etc
- Understanding of CI/CD tools like Tekton, Argo CD and configuration tools like Chef, puppet and Ansible.
- Understanding of creating enterprise scale monitoring and operational architecture using tools like Splunk, Nagios, Cloud Watch.
- Experience with SCM tools like GitHub and build management tools like MAVEN and ANT
- Understanding of Cloud Architecture, Cloud Security; Cloud platforms, Automation (Ideally GCP)
- Strong communication skills, intelligence, and drive; must be able to work in a self-driven manner within a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment · Ability to quickly learn, apply new technologies ·
- Past experience integrating the packaged solution with third parties like Origami/DuckCreek/Guideware required.
- P&C Insurance industry experience required
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field