Sr. Java Developer
Title: Sr. Java Developer
Duration: 6+ months
Location: Memphis TN
Client is looking for an experienced and knowledgeable Engineer to be part of our eCommerce/Digital Engineering team! Responsible for the delivery of key business capabilities and technology solutions using Java/J2EE, Spring Framework technologies and Cloud Platform for our retail websites (autozone.com, autozone.com.mx etc.) and Mobile Apps. Ability and curiosity to solve complex problems, eagerness to learn and adapt to evolving technology landscapes, provide technical solutions and collaborate well with other IT teams, Architects and business partners will be the key qualities.
- Create, test and support software applications.
- Participate in design sessions with Architects and produce high level and low-level designs as necessary
- Lead a team of junior engineers to deliver new capabilities, Coach and mentor other team members as needed.
- Quickly and effectively troubleshoot problems in development and production environments
- Review code and designs from other members on the team.
- Provide suggestions on performance improvements of existing platform.
- Coordinate with product owners and business partners to gather requirements and document them as needed.
- Accurate work planning and execution; accurate project and time tracking
- Advocate for top-notch design standards and lead process improvements in collaboration with architects and Application Engineers
- Identify and Implement code/configuration changes to improve performance and reliability as necessary
- Bachelor's degree or MS in Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 6+ years of experience as a Software Engineer, Developer or similar with a strong software development background in Java/J2EE Technologies, Spring Boot, Linux/Unix, RDBMS is a must.
- Experience in developing/supporting high volume 24/7 customer facing applications is a must.
- Hands on cart, checkout, payment, and Knowledge in Retail Domain is strongly desired.
- Experience in ATG and Endeca Framework is preferred.
- Experience in GCP is preferred.
- Knowledge of source code management system like GIT is a must.
- Experience in WebLogic, Apache/Nginx is highly preferred.
- Experience with API Gateway and Cloud Foundry is a plus.
- Previous experience in working on an Agile team is strongly desired.
- Knowledge of CI, CD & Automation tools like Jenkins and Ansible is desired.
- Must be a team player with great interpersonal and communication skills; time-management skills are critical.
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company's success.