Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Title: Cognos Developer Sr. (Sys Eng II)
Start Date: 4/28/2016
End Date: 4/27/2021
Location:Falls Church, VA, US
Max Hourly Rate: USD $60
In-Person Inteview Required
Visa Status: US Citizen and Clearable
Work Location: Falls Church, Virginia
Work Hours: 40 hours/week
Conversion Salary: USD $110,000.00/Yr
Please email the resume with two references.
A group company within NTT DATA currently seeks a Sr. Cognos Developer to join our team in Falls Church, VA.
Position Functions or Responsibilities:
Consultant will be responsible for designing dynamic case mgmt modules to support filing, scanning and business process flow in an open architecture. Will be responsible for implementing cold fusion based applications. Will be responsible for technical lead duties to manage the technical team assignments.
Design, code, test, and deploy software deliverables for COGNOS reporting. Responsibilities are:
- Interface with customers, stakeholders, PMs, development team, testing and DBAs through the software development and testing process to ensure the delivery of error free business intelligence applications.
- Develop new and support existing Cognos BI reporting solutions to include reports and framework manager models.
- Write and maintain technical specifications that describe program development, data modeling, coding, testing, changes and corrections.
- Provide technical assistance and analysis with troubleshooting reports and data models by effectively responding to inquiries and questions.
- Interact with assigned business analysts and project manager to ensure an accurate and comprehensive understanding of data and reporting requirements.
- Ensure timely and thorough issue escalation and resolution as well as strict adherence to all project milestones and deadlines.
- Serve as the Cognos subject matter expert during all applicable product implementations and bug fixes.
- Work in conjunction with the quality assurance team to create and/or validate system acceptance and user acceptance test plans and test scripts to ensure error free delivery of tools and reports as required.
- Thoroughly walkthrough applicable functional requirements and prototype designs with appropriate staff to ensure they accurately reflect business needs and needed capabilities.
- Effectively interface, support and report to the project manager for all assigned projects.
- Provide project status updates and reports to senior leadership as required.
Educational Qualification: BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
5 years: Strong SQL writing and programming skills, preferably in SQL Server environment
5 years: Exp in creation of complex data models using framework manager, complex reports and dashboard style solutions in Cognos 8 series
7 years: Cognos business intelligeence and understanding in a data warehouse/mart environment and exp designing and developing Cognos 8 BI solutions
Additional Skills/Nice To Have:
Experience working in an Agile environment
Knowledge of Cognos development in a DevOps environment
Experience building automated test scripts to test Cognos BI solutions
Previous experience working with immigration related data model will be a great plus.
Experience in ETL development using TSQL, SSIS and/or other ETL development tools are desirable.
Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services and MDX desirable.
Previous experience working in a web technology position, with a working knowledge of Visual Basic, C#, HTML, XML, Java script, SQL, .Net and Sharepoint technology a plus.
Apply by creating/using account