Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
10+ YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN THE FOLLOWING: RESPONSIBILITIES: Assists in the development, specification and communication of the technology architecture plans, the infrastructure components required to support it and in the integration of corporate, distributed and/or client server business area architectures. COMPETENCIES: Development and maintenance of a business and system architecture for firm-wide operations. Participates in system architecture studies of new and existing IT systems to permit development of integrated corporate, distributed and client server business systems, which operate at low cost levels. Recommends the appropriate computer platform, workstations and communication linkage required to support specific related business processes and information flows. Analysis and recommendation of new or different technologies which will enhance current systems and support overall corporate and business goals. Document clearly and concisely architecture, analysis and design documentation in a highly professional standardized format. Technical support to client and IT management to ensure development of efficient application systems utilizing established standards, procedures and SDLC methodologies. Performs related duties as assigned or requested. QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline with an advanced degree preferred and at least two, typically four or more years experience in information systems architecture methodologies, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Fully conversant in Systems Analysis & Design Methodology and Object Oriented Analysis & Design requires knowledge of systems architecture, good consultative and communications skills, the ability to work effectively with client and IT management and staffs.
PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING FOR RECRUITING PURPOSES:
Primary Job Function
This position is responsible for global Voice architecture and engineering. Position serves as infrastructure architect in designing voice solutions including contact center.
Under minimal direction, leads projects globally involving complex planning, installation, relocation, and/or removal of voice systems. Interacts with a wide range of individual and management levels. Actively participates in selecting suppliers and negotiating large contracts from a technical perspective. Leads feasibility studies, design creation, and proposal preparation for voice solutions and connectivity. Works closely with the telecommunications implementation and operations as well as the data network teams. Evaluates vendor performance to ensure conformance to standards. Leads process or technology improvements such as SIP trunking to enhance the performance or cost effectiveness of the voice systems area based on market trends.
Core Job Responsibilities
• Responsible for compliance with applicable policies and procedures.
• Defines, plans and designs innovative enterprise-wide connectivity, collaboration, and voice platform infrastructure solutions, including integrated financial analysis of technical alternatives to meet business/operational requirements.
• Successfully negotiates technical design and deployment strategy with internal clients and peers.
• Defines the architecture and product standards for enterprise voice systems.
• Provide Support for infrastructure projects ensuring alignment with architecture direction.
• Serves as a cross-platform technical subject matter expert to facilitate the integration of voice systems with business applications and to optimize the use of carrier services while maintaining appropriate security.
• Produces and maintains timely, accurate engineering documentation to support implementation, operations support and quality/compliance requirements.
• Develops Standard Operating Procedures. Designs system tests, and performs capacity planning.
• Establishes criteria and performs technology evaluations, including lab analysis and proof of concepts.
• Frequently interacts with suppliers to influence their products and services in directions favorable to Client. Typically interacts with product development, engineering and product management.
• Provides technical thought leadership and participates in the development of Client's IT Strategy and produces technical position papers.
• Applies experience to improve telecommunications business processes or compliance and leverages tools to enhance functional area productivity.
• Provides technical direction and mentors less experienced staff.
• Integrates technical expertise with communication, leadership and business skills in a team environment.
Position Accountability / Scope
• Reports to the GIS BTE Manager for WAN & Voice Systems
• Has significant influence on large global budgets including the Capital LRP and annual maintenance contract budget for voice systems as well as the annual carrier expense for voice services.
• Has significant global impact on the functionality of Client's critical voice systems.
• Responsible for briefing Sr. Management on topics ranging from technical risk analysis, financial implications, to crisis management. Recognized for sound judgment.
• Is self-initiated to independently achieve organization objectives, uncover, and resolve issues. Also receives consultative direction towards predetermined goals.
• Has excellent communications skills and demonstrates a strong customer-centric approach and an empathy for global cultural differences.
• Responsible for Technology evaluations. Establishes evaluation criteria using a formal TRB based methodology to recommend Client standards
• Is the top technical escalation individual in the corporation for voice systems technical issues.
• Has the acumen to translate business concepts into sound technical solutions and then effectively communicate them to internal clients.
• Must be adept at handling multiple assignments in a timely manner and meeting assigned deadlines
• Ability to work weekends and/or off hours as necessary to meet implementation timelines
• Ability to sponsor large and midsized technology implementations
• Ability to travel internationally, up to 15%.
Required: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Telecommunication, or other related field.
Preferred: MS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Telecommunications. Certifications preferred in: CCNA, CCNP, MCSE, ACSA
Minimum Experience / Training Required
• 10+ years IT and voice systems experience with multinational enterprises of 5000+ users
• 8+ years of direct hands on experience administrating and installing IP Telephony systems specifically Cisco Unified Communications & Avaya Aura Communication Manager solutions
• Knowledge across infrastructure disciplines and technologies and has a broad understanding of IT standards and methodologies
• Demonstrated mastery of VoIP, SIP, and network technologies and computer integrated telephony solutions.
• Demonstrated systems integration experience and expertise.
• Demonstrated design mastery for Avaya and Cisco UCC voice related unified communications solutions, including Contact Center.
• Demonstrated mastery of TDM and IP telephony concepts, networking/distributed computing environment concepts; knowledge of and experience with principles of routing, client/server programming, and the design of consistent network-wide telephony system layouts.
• Demonstrated oral and written interpersonal, communication, analytical, presentation, and organizational skills; the ability to meet deadlines/work independently.
• Demonstrates Contact Center experience for IVRs, statistical reporting analysis, CTI integration, and WFO & WFM solutions
Apply by creating/using an account