Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Title: Global Payroll Director
Location: HOUSTON, TX, United States
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 1,000 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 29,500 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world's current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
This position will provide strategic direction for the global payroll function. This will include ensuring proper and adequate controls and processes as well as driving global payroll consolidation while managing and developing the payroll team. This position ensures accuracy of payroll in accordance with government regulations and interfaces with the IT Department to optimize and implement payroll systems.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Define and manage the strategy for the payroll function globally, including rationalization of payroll, time keeping and other systems.
· Provide direction world-wide regarding payroll strategy, systems, and departmental collaboration
· Develop and implement best practices, key performance indicators and metrics for the function
· Functionally responsible for managing global payroll staff to ensure payrolls are processed timely and accurately
· Plan and direct payroll integration of existing systems as well as newly acquired subsidiaries
· Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions
· Must understand & comply with all safety rules & company policies of Weatherford
· Manage a budget of approximately $1MM USD for core team based in US headquarters.
· Oversee payroll expense administration on over 70 countries, with over 30 separate payroll systems.
· Oversee and manage the relationships with outsourced payroll vendors
· Maintain effective internal controls and proactively work to identify and implement efficiency improvements
· To the extent possible, drive consistency in payroll practices, controls, and management reporting.
· Ensure payroll services are processed in accordance with established global policies and procedures along with all legislative compliance requirements
· Initiate and direct payroll and benefits accounting process improvement activities to maximize the efficient use of resources
· Analyze and interpret company policies and government regulations that impact the processing of payroll
· Partner with Global Compensation to coordinate compensation initiatives
· Partner with IT, HR and Finance on issues such as processing of employee health and welfare benefits, bonus payments, Employee Stock Purchase, integration of acquisitions/divestitures, changes to HR providers, etc
· Maintain confidentiality of any payroll, private employee information and any proprietary information and ensure payroll information is secure
· Confer with key stakeholders and leadership regarding payroll needs
· Liaise with the regions to ensure payroll initiatives are aligned
· Demonstrated success in payroll system implementation, strategy, and governance
· Proven success in partnering with top leaders, leading change initiatives, and setting global payroll strategies
· Proven track record as a trusted advisor and partner with business leadership, along with demonstrated project management, analytical and process orientation skills
· Demonstrated success managing complex and competing organizational priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to think globally, strategically, and objectively
· Knowledge of Peoplesoft, Orbitz, Sage, ADP and Infinium payroll systems preferred.
· 15-20 years of relevant experience, including experience with global payroll and multi-country payroll system implementation and standardization
· Development of Global Policies for Payroll
· Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or other related field
· Certified Payroll Professionals (CPP) other recognized payroll certification required.
· International experience preferred.
· Operation within a Shared Services environment and/or BPO model preferred
· 5 year's experience leading and managing a global team preferred
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching 401K program, comprehensive benefits program, and employee stock purchase program (ESPP) and opportunities for on-going training and career development.
Apply by creating/using account