Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
The Technical Support Engineer II: Provides consulting and technical support for the Doble Universal Controllers (DUC), a Windows based tablet or notebook computer. This role provides technical expertise on DUC hardware, software, and training. The TSE II may publish technical articles and participate in various technical conferences sponsored by Doble and other industry organizations.
• Provides technical support and training on the operation and application of the DUC for Customers and Clients.
• Provides end-user hardware trouble shooting for off-site customers.
• Provides technical support to Doble customers/clients via email, telephone, and web-based solutions.
• Delivers training to customers/clients. 15% travel
• Writes technical papers, application notes, guides on topics related to Doble products and services and presents them at Doble conferences and other technical conferences.
• Assists in providing technical expertise for Doble research and development projects.
• Supports other engineers and coordinators with technical expertise within the department and other departments within the company.
• Reports existing issues via established software bug-logging system and more comprehensive Doble-wide system and provides customer issue resolution to bug related issues with existing products.
• Serves in a train-the-trainer role internally for other Doble employees to understand various products.
• Continuously works to upgrade skills concerning computers, software, test theory, test equipment operation, apparatus operation and training presentations
• Performs other duties as assigned by management.
This position may require participation and decision making latitude for the following: Initiate ECN process, approval and implementation, work in process disposition, product repair rate analysis, Quality Control and Customer Service metrics, Production and Customer Service ISO procedures where appropriate, Production and Customer personnel safety, and process improvements and implementation.
Level of Education Area of Study
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical and/or Computer Science Engineering
or Equivalent work experience in Computer support
Master's Degree a plus
• Requires 5 years of computer related technical support experience.
• Customer focused attitude with exceptional problem solving skills.
• Experience working in a customer service team environment, and providing direct customer support on technical equipment.
• Must have experience in troubleshooting and diagnosing system related software errors and hardware failures to the module/subassembly level.
May additional equivalent education above the required minimum substitute for the checked level of experience? Yes
OTHER HELPFUL EDUCATION OR EXPERIENCE
• Experience in a global customer support and cross cultural customers is a plus.
• Multi-lingual communication skills is a plus
• Experience developing test and measurement equipment is a plus.
• Experience providing customer training is a plus.
• Experience working with electric power utilities a plus.
• Proficient with MS Office Suite. (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Visio)
• Hands on experience with ERP, CRM systems and Case Management applications.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
• Proven ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics, technical drawings and computer generated reports.
• Must thrive in a deadline-driven, fast-paced team environment.
• Capable of multitasking between projects and departments.
• Must be able to assemble facts from various areas, analyze data, and provide informed recommendations to management
• Requires strong computer & phone skills and high level experience in a customer technical support role.
• Must have the experience or ability to work through complex technical issues in a timely manner.
• Ability to organize and prioritize tasks resulting in consistent productivity.
• A self-starter able to work independently or as part of a team and comfortable interfacing with both upstream and down stream customers.
• Must have excellent written and oral communications skills and high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is often required to stand, sit, use computers, read, write, type, use fax machines, use copy machines, file paperwork, use telephones, and utilize written and oral communication to interact with clients, co-workers and customers. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions of this job. Must be capable of lifting 50 pounds.
Apply by creating/using account