Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Woodland Hills CA
The Client is embarking on a major initiative to replace our Avaya/Lync solution with Skype For Business (S4B) across our global user base and are seeking to recruit a contract Skype For Business Technical Architect to join our Global IT Architecture team.
The successful candidate will become the S4B Technical Design Authority / Subject Matter Expert and collaborate with our implementation partners and client teams to deliver to a successful project outcome.
The candidate must have proven experience acting as the Technical Architect / Design Authority on multiple projects migrating from legacy systems to S4B in Global organizations with 5000+ users and 50+ offices spread globally.
The gravitas to influence decisions plus develop, promote and enforce standards in a highly federated complex global business is paramount.
Additional Job Details: Strategic • A member of the IT Infrastructure Architecture group which has a remit to ensure that has a robust, flexible, scalable and efficient IT architecture that supports its business strategy & direction • Becomes the UMG Technical Design Authority / Subject Matter Expert for the duration of the S4B implementation • Defines, maintains and oversees UMG's overall IT Architecture strategy for the specified domain(s) • Defines, develops, documents and maintains architectural blueprints, best practices, deployment frameworks and standards • Promotes the use of the defined IT standards within UMG business units to both technical and non-technical customers. Project & Operations Engagement • Works with peers to solve complex technical challenges and ensure all agreed IT architectures are truly "fit-for-purpose” • Engages with project teams to develop and agree architecture solutions for individual project deployments • Documents recommended architecture options along with fully costed analysis for approval by senior management • Provides architectural governance during implementations, to ensure compliance with defined IT architectural standards. • Provides IT Domain thought leadership and guidance to other members of the IT teams • Contributes to the creation of RFI/RFP's and performs product and vendor assessment & selection
Market Job Title Skype For Business – Technical Architect
• Acting as the Technical Architect / Design Authority on multiple projects migrating from legacy systems (Ayava/Lync) to S4B in Global Organizations having 5000+ users and 50+ offices across the world.
• Experience in a multi-vendor outsourced environment - articulating key requirements to multiple vendors & solution providers
• Defining the optimum approach to cutover large groups of users from legacy to S4B to minimise business impacts
• Designing & defining options to give appropriate levels of S4B resilience (e.g. using S4B pools)
• Hybrid S4B architectures (mixture of Cloud PBX and on-premise S4B server)
• Experience of AudioCodes and/or PolyCom devices (SBA's / Client's / Conference Room Equipment / End User Devices)
• Design & definition of conference room technology options as related to S4B solutions
• H.323 to Legacy Interop & Bridging solutions and approaches
• Integration of S4B with complex security solutions into the core network topology and at the network perimeter
• Experience of S4B user provisioning solutions and real-world operational deployment
• Experience of Call Auditing integration with S4B (e.g. MindCTI)
• Experience with WAN optimization & traffic management appliances such as Riverbed and Ipanema is a bonus
• Providing high quality, S4B knowledge transfer into the clients IT Operations team(s)
• Implementation of Microsoft PSTN services is a bonus
• Educated to degree level in an IT related discipline (or significant proven industry experience)
• Relevant Industry or technology vendor certifications such as may be advantageous
MM/DD of birth:
All Inclusive Bill Rate:
Availability to Interview:
Availability to Join:
# years of each skill required on the job:
Any relevant certifications?
Other points that make this candidate a great fit for this role:
Apply by creating/using account