Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Business Analyst to provide business analysis and to support ongoing business processes. Candidate should have 6+ years of experience in the investment/securities industry, BS/BA in related area. The candidate MUST be able to complete the following job responsibilities:
• Researching and gathering business/system requirements through the facilitation of end user meetings and user interviews
• Analyzing current processes to identify gaps and improvement opportunities and solutions.
• Developing conceptual modeling and process workflows to illustrate current and future states (must be able to use Visio to produce process flows diagrams)
• Developing detailed business and functional requirement documents, conducting review
• Developing UI design requirements
• Decomposing abstract and complex details/concepts into business and functional requirements that can be understood by the stakeholders (i.e. end users, developers, testers, etc.
• Communicating (verbal and written) project details and concepts to various audiences and levels of management
• Preparing end user documentation and facilitating end user training
• Defining the business deployment strategy and facilitating the business deployments
• Leading the end to end SDLC this includes participating and directing as needed the entire project from initiation to implementation to ensure business objectives are met - this includes actively participating in technical design and architecture reviews and test case reviews, etc.
• Maintain trusted relationships with business partners
• Should be very good in Oracle SQL queries and using SQL tools.
• Having JAVA/UNIX background is a plus but not required.
• 6 - 8+ years PM/BA experience in the investment/securities industry
• Working knowledge of standard design methodologies and principles
• Knowledge of CUSIPs and common industry asset identifiers
• Knowledge of depositories, custodians, counterparties
• Suitable candidate must have experience working as a business analyst on financial service applications that deal with transactional processing and reporting associated with front-end trading and middle/back office processes
• Securities Lending knowledge is plus.
• Strong analysis/project management skills and the ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
• Experience working with QA to review test plans and test cases
• Excellent negotiation skills, oral and written communication skills
• Must be excellent in MS Office applications, including VISIO
• Having data warehouse experience is a plus.
range of candidates from Junior- Mid level. This is NOT a senior position. This will be a long-term opportunity for the right person, but will be reapproved every 3 months.
Knowledge of Financial industries; good communications skills; solid experience with SQL
Top 3 must-haves of this person
1) good communication skills- especially if they are a junior person. They need to be able to communicate strongly at a business level, someone with a good internship or 1-2 years in a business setting would be good.
2) solid SQL skills- this is an absolute must.
3) good understanding of/experience in financial industry, specifically Security Lending
Apply by creating/using account