Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Under administrative direction, responsible for taking a “solution area” from the current IT state to a future state which aligns with the long term business and technology strategies, including the creation, maintenance, and governance of system roadmap
Also responsible for guiding and reviewing the design and architecture work of Systems Analysts & Systems Architects impacting the solution area. Along with solution area management, serves as accountable person for the on-going technical integrity of all projects and systems within the solution area.
Provides technical and architectural leadership on large and very highly complex projects that are multi-platform and/or cross enterprise or divisional functional areas. Top level technical expert in one or more highly specialized areas of applications systems analysis and programming. Formulates and defines system scope and objectives for assigned projects.
Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time and form of desired results. Prepares detailed specifications to write programs. Designs, codes, tests, debugs, documents, and maintains those programs. Has expert technical knowledge of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming. Has good understanding of business or functional units for which application is designed. Responsible for project completion and end-user satisfaction.
Core responsibilities of an Architect 3 CAI resource.
• Collaborate with analysts, designers, and programmers in conceptualizing and development of new software programs and applications
• Perform technical tasks, detailed analyses, and interpretation of technical problems requiring expertise and/or specialized knowledge in a systematic manner; apply subject matter expertise unique to the discipline
• Exhibit expert understanding of the organization’s Systems Development Life Cycle
• Play a leading role in the definition, development, and documentation of software’s requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments
• Prepare and/or interpret business, functional, and non-functional requirements; create and maintain user-oriented applications and design specifications
• Develop, test, document and implement applications according to standards and methodologies
• Design, run and monitor software functional and performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging; administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas
• Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades
• Maintain currency of professional, technical and business skills
• Utilize established status report, time accounting and collaborative process to provide data for management
• Exhibit expert understanding of application, data, integration, security, operational, and systems management architectural and design domains
• Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve business systems issues
• Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems
• Direct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts; conduct research on emerging technologies in support of systems development efforts and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and systems flexibility
• Liaise with agency’s software and hardware suppliers for prompt rectification of any problems or emergencies
• Take an active role in cross-departmental projects when needed
• Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of application development best practices; train, mentor, and provide guidance to junior software development staff
• Oversee the quality assurance of program logic, data processing, and error resolution
Apply by creating/using an account