Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Our client is looking for a Hardware technician to work on Parking Lot equipment at the Detroit Airport in Romulus, MI.
- The primary duty of this assignment is to PROVIDE PREVENTIVE and ROUTINE MAINTENANCE ON PARKING EQUIPMENT INSTALLED AT THE DETROIT AIRPORT PARKING LOTS
It needs to be understood that this position requires working in an outdoor environment and sometimes in inclement weather, exposed to vehicle traffic
As a mid-level technician, the Conduent Systems Technician applies his/her knowledge of electronics to routine assignments, consisting primarily of preventive hardware maintenance and repairs, assists more experienced staff in the application of technical concepts, practices and procedures. The incumbent generally is a member of quick-response customer support team and works on designated service calls with specific response times and deadlines, and typically operates independently to troubleshoot hardware/software equipment problems, and to set up, install, configure, maintain, relocate, and/or repair a variety of electronic parking equipment, computer equipment and communications equipment, software and/or peripherals. Works with immediate supervision on more complex assignments.
Troubleshoots hardware, software and/or network operating problems. Uses basic and specialized test equipment to diagnose and analyze equipment failures.
- May troubleshoot related communications problems, e.g., in a LAN environment, applying knowledge of wiring, standard cable connections and wire closets.
- Takes appropriate corrective action, interfacing with vendor, carrier, client and Conduent home office staff as necessary.
- Performs bench-level preventive hardware maintenance, replacement and repair (to sub-assembly/component level) of computer terminals, microprocessor components, peripherals and associated/ designated communications and information management equipment.
- Sets up, assembles, installs, configures, reconfigures, modifies, moves and/or relocates hardware/ software at Conduent or client site for regular or special function use.
- Ensures upgrades are configured and installed on schedule.
- Uses standard hand and power tools and technical manuals.
- May work with multiple vendors, manufacturers, etc.
- Maintains work order documentation, technical schematics and diagrams.
- Needs to have the ability to work within SLA Contract hours and rotate
- Frequently works in confined spaces, with considerable bending, stooping, crawling and lifting (40-60 lbs.), regular use of testing and diagnostic equipment.
Apply by creating/using an account
DIVERSANT (diversant.com) is one of the largest African-American owned IT staffing firms in the U.S. We offer rewarding career opportunities with many of the nation’s leading corporations. Our experienced recruiters understand what hiring managers look for in a candidate and provide our applicants with the proper support and guidance along the entire application and interviewing process. We offer opportunities on a contingent, contract-to-hire, and direct hire basis. At DIVERSANT, we are committed to providing the highest level of service and satisfaction to our customers, consultants, and employees.
DIVERSANT provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, DIVERSANT complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
WORK OPPORTUNITY TAX CREDIT
Diversant LLC participates in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit program. ADP Tax Credits administers this program on our behalf. It is vital that you follow the steps listed below in order for the tax credits to be processed. We appreciate your cooperation. Please note participation in this program is voluntary and is a required part of the employment application process. Formal application steps should still be followed.
Work Opportunity Tax Credit Applicant Instructions
• Open https://tcs.adp.com/screen/index.html?cc=diversant
Note: To change the language on screen please select a language from the dropdown box
• Click on Continue to begin
• Please answer each question including electronically signing any applicable forms
• To complete the interview and save your work, please click eSign and Finish
• If applicable, upload any available supporting documents and click Continue