Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Diversant has an immediate need for a Cloud Engineer for a major Financial Institution in Richmond,VA.
TOP 3 skills- KAFKA, SPARK, Big Data experience.
Cloud Engineer Description We are seeking highly creative and intellectually curious Cloud Engineers, at all levels, who are passionate about cutting-edge distributed computing. As part of a team that’s leading the next wave of disruption on a whole new scale, you will play an integral part in advancing bank’s Cloud eco-system and culture of technical excellence. You will champion the Cloud Management Platform (CMP), live and breathe Infrastructure Automation, support Hybrid Cloud Solutions, and display a strong understanding of Cloud-as-a-Service varieties: PaaS, IaaS, and SaaS. Creating the next generation of network-centric Cloud architectures, you will make a key contribution supporting end-to-end public Cloud Automation of application delivery, including Infrastructure provisioning and integration with Continuous Integration/Continuous Development (CI/CD) platforms, using existing and emerging technologies. The ideal candidate will have experience moving infrastructure to the Cloud!
Responsibilities & Expectations:
• Stealthily plan and lead the deployment of the cloud solution in a production environment
• Develop scripts and glue code to integrate multiple software components
• Automate the provisioning of environments pulling strings with Puppet, cooking up some recipes with Chef, or through Ansible, and the deployment of those environments using containers, like Docker or Rocket: (and for the love of automation, at least have some configuration management tool through some version control)
• Design and develop automation workflows, performing unit tests and conducting reviews to make sure your work is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for platform performance, and assessing the overall quality of delivered components
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are necessary due to the dynamic nature of collaborations with customers, vendors, and other engineering team, solving complex business problems together
• Evaluate & build different compute frameworks for all tiers
• Implementing scalable system solutions is required• We’re looking for self-starters, those who can work independently, with and across teams. Establishing smooth running environments is paramount to your success, and happiness
• Experience migrating on-site solutions to cloud based offerings, such as Amazon’s AWS
• Serious geek street cred if you have a robust portfolio on GitHub and/or Open Source contributions of which you are proud to share!
• Discerning. You have a strong familiarity with a combination of the following: VMWare, KVM, OpenStack, CloudStack, Amazon, RightScale and various Cloud abstraction layers, and understand the importance of selecting the right technology tool for the task
• Insatiably Curious. You ask why, you explore, you're not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea. You can work at a tiny crack until you've broken open the whole nut
• Automator. You know what continuous integration means, and believe automation is the path to happiness. You know how to script and automate anything and everything, from tests to environment provisioning
Qualifications Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or military experience
• At least 1 years’ experience developing applications embracing Agile principles
• At least 1 years’ experience with a formal version control tool (Subversion, Git, TFS, or ClearCase)
• At least 2 years’ with large-scale infrastructure designs, implementation, and support
• Master’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Engineering
• AWS Certified
• 3+ years’ creating recipes with Chef, building cookbooks• 3+ years’ using cloud based hosting solutions (AWS-EC2/S3, Azure, Google Cloud)
• 3 + years’ with automation tools for server provisioning and Open Source tools (Ansible, Cobbler, Ironic, Chef and Chef Metal)
• 3+ years’ developing automation workflows and routines, using Open Source Tools (Chef, Puppet, Hudson), or Vendor Based Tools (HPSA/OO, vCAC, uDeploy)
• 3+ years’ experience with large-scale software implementation (high transaction volume, high-availability concepts)
• 2+ years’ experience with Linux, server automation and scripting• 2+ years’ experience with current licensing strategies around Open Source (Apache Foundation, GNU, MIT License)
Apply by creating/using an account
DIVERSANT (diversant.com) is one of the largest African-American owned IT staffing firms in the U.S. We offer rewarding career opportunities with many of the nation’s leading corporations. Our experienced recruiters understand what hiring managers look for in a candidate and provide our applicants with the proper support and guidance along the entire application and interviewing process. We offer opportunities on a contingent, contract-to-hire, and direct hire basis. At DIVERSANT, we are committed to providing the highest level of service and satisfaction to our customers, consultants, and employees.
DIVERSANT provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, DIVERSANT complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
WORK OPPORTUNITY TAX CREDIT
Diversant LLC participates in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit program. ADP Tax Credits administers this program on our behalf. It is vital that you follow the steps listed below in order for the tax credits to be processed. We appreciate your cooperation. Please note participation in this program is voluntary and is a required part of the employment application process. Formal application steps should still be followed.
Work Opportunity Tax Credit Applicant Instructions
• Open https://tcs.adp.com/screen/index.html?cc=diversant
Note: To change the language on screen please select a language from the dropdown box
• Click on Continue to begin
• Please answer each question including electronically signing any applicable forms
• To complete the interview and save your work, please click eSign and Finish
• If applicable, upload any available supporting documents and click Continue