Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Please email resume to email@example.com for more information. Reference job number
*****NO CORP TO CORP******
GIS Analyst/One Call Specialist
The requested position is to provide GIS (Geographic Information Systems) analysis and services to all departments and coordinate Telecommunication underground facilities with each One Call Center to meet security and legal obligations to include:
• Provides GIS (Geographic Information Systems) analysis and services to all departments.
• Follows standard organizational practices and guidelines.
• Solves problems of somewhat complex nature and assists less-experienced employees with solving problems and resolving issues.
• Prepares custom maps and diagrams from GIS data.
• Compile geographic data from a variety of sources including censuses, field observation, satellite imagery, aerial photographs, and existing maps.
• Analyze geographic relationships among varying types of data.
• Receive shape file inputs from Telecommunication Engineering related to addition/deletion of fiber network.
• Create and submit shape file polygons to the state One Call Centers defining Telecommunication 811 coverage.
• Verify accuracy of coverage of Telecommunication facilities on One Call mapping platforms.
• Investigate request concerning questionable locate tickets.
• Remain current with the latest and most accurate forms of mapping applications for each One Call.
• Perform verifications of our coverage when One Call Centers update to a new mapping landbase.
• Integrate newly acquired fiber network mapping into our mapping system and One Call databases when new mergers or acquisitions occur.
• Computer Skills –
o Advanced knowledge of ArcGIS.
Create and edit polyline, polygon and point features [Advanced Editing/Editing Tools].
Create 200 to 300 foot polygon buffers from polyline shape files to maintain a database of record for each state [Analysis Tools].
Multi-part attribute query of data tables.
Joining multiple data tables.
Problem solving using multiple editing tools in ArcMap (e.g., Clip, erase, dissolve, export/import) [Analysis Tools].
Capable of converting data formats [Conversion Tools].
o Keep current with the latest and most accurate web based apps per One Call.
o Intermediate knowledge of Outlook.
o Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Excel
Moderate formula writing
• Associates degree or ESRI Technical Certification.
• Ability to read and interpret underground and aerial telecom facilities records on maps and fielding notes.
• The ability to solve problems using the GIS suite of tools.
• Self-management – Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize daily work to meet schedules and objectives, maintain confidentiality, and work with remote team members.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail and make sound decisions using information at hand.
• Communications – Demonstrates polished and professional verbal, written, and listening skills.
• Customers Service – Demonstrates polished and professional customer skills.
• Project and Process Management – Advanced project implementation skills.
• Telecommunications Theory – General understanding of fiber construction.
Apply by creating/using an account
DIVERSANT (diversant.com) is one of the largest African-American owned IT staffing firms in the U.S. We offer rewarding career opportunities with many of the nation’s leading corporations. Our experienced recruiters understand what hiring managers look for in a candidate and provide our applicants with the proper support and guidance along the entire application and interviewing process. We offer opportunities on a contingent, contract-to-hire, and direct hire basis. At DIVERSANT, we are committed to providing the highest level of service and satisfaction to our customers, consultants, and employees.
DIVERSANT provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, DIVERSANT complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
WORK OPPORTUNITY TAX CREDIT
Diversant LLC participates in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit program. ADP Tax Credits administers this program on our behalf. It is vital that you follow the steps listed below in order for the tax credits to be processed. We appreciate your cooperation. Please note participation in this program is voluntary and is a required part of the employment application process. Formal application steps should still be followed.
Work Opportunity Tax Credit Applicant Instructions
• Open https://tcs.adp.com/screen/index.html?cc=diversant
Note: To change the language on screen please select a language from the dropdown box
• Click on Continue to begin
• Please answer each question including electronically signing any applicable forms
• To complete the interview and save your work, please click eSign and Finish
• If applicable, upload any available supporting documents and click Continue