Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Diversant has an immediate need for a DC Technician III for a local global financial institution.
Role requires extensive knowledge and hands-on support of distributed systems hardware platforms (Client, Dell, Sun, prevalent blade technologies) and operating systems (HPUX, Windows Server, Solaris and Linux), and experience (8 or more years) in both areas. Certification in hardware and software required. Procurement knowledge and experience, vendor management, and knowledge of data center best practices are also requirements. Individual will need understanding of cabling specifications and best practices for voice and data solutions, strong electrical theory, HVAC, security, raised floor and other best practices associated with managing an enterprise level data center. Individual must also possess thorough understanding of OSI model, and demonstrate proficient hands-on experience with multiple major information technology hardware platform (mainframe, distributed, microcomputer, telephony). Individual will be required to use a Data Center Visual Management tool to update and maintain raised floor plans from design through implementation and maintenance phases of project. ITIL knowledge and experience preferred but not required.
Position requires excellent communication skills, both oral and written since position's audience includes technical, project and business resources. Must be proficient at managing multiple tasks and deadlines (often conflicting for priority).
• Analyzes and resolves facilities related production issues. Documents and follows up on all issues to ensure customer satisfaction and stability.
• Engagement with operational platform teams and customer IT teams to support problem management activities including root cause analysis.
• Participation in creation and implementation of project designs.
• Participation in creation and implementation of security standards.
• Participation in on-call activities.
• 8 or more years' experience in an applicable operations role including cabling systems, asset management, power and space management, or raised floor logistics.
• 10 years' hands-on support of distributed systems hardware platforms (Client, Dell, Sun, prevalent blade technologies) and operating systems (HPUX, Windows Server, Solaris and Linux)
• Certification in a facilities operations or engineering field
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
• MCSE, MCSA, ITIL Certification, Basic Unix, Basic SQL
• 10 years' experience in an enterprise level Data Center
Apply by creating/using an account
DIVERSANT (diversant.com) is one of the largest African-American owned IT staffing firms in the U.S. We offer rewarding career opportunities with many of the nation’s leading corporations. Our experienced recruiters understand what hiring managers look for in a candidate and provide our applicants with the proper support and guidance along the entire application and interviewing process. We offer opportunities on a contingent, contract-to-hire, and direct hire basis. At DIVERSANT, we are committed to providing the highest level of service and satisfaction to our customers, consultants, and employees.
DIVERSANT provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, DIVERSANT complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
WORK OPPORTUNITY TAX CREDIT
Diversant LLC participates in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit program. ADP Tax Credits administers this program on our behalf. It is vital that you follow the steps listed below in order for the tax credits to be processed. We appreciate your cooperation. Please note participation in this program is voluntary and is a required part of the employment application process. Formal application steps should still be followed.
Work Opportunity Tax Credit Applicant Instructions
• Open https://tcs.adp.com/screen/index.html?cc=diversant
Note: To change the language on screen please select a language from the dropdown box
• Click on Continue to begin
• Please answer each question including electronically signing any applicable forms
• To complete the interview and save your work, please click eSign and Finish
• If applicable, upload any available supporting documents and click Continue